Chapter 23

After multiple scans I was put in to a private room and told nothing. I was terrified and in a stupid amount of pain. They wrapped my sprained ankle and told me to lie on the bed patiently and they would be back with my test results as soon as they could. They had taken blood tests and everything, and they wouldn’t tell me a thing about the baby. Harry sat beside me squeezing my hand, he hated the fact that when I had my scans and ultrasound they wouldn’t let him come in to the room and so now that I was with him again he wouldn’t leave me.

“Harry I want you to call Louis,” Fresh tears spill down my cheeks and Harry’s face tightens, he doesn’t like seeing me cry, he’s seen me cry enough during this pregnancy to last the rest of his life. “Please Harry I need Lou,” I sulk and squeeze his hand.

Harry leans over the bed and wipes my tears away. “I have to go outside and call him,” He murmurs as he kisses my cheek softly lingering for longer than normal. I know he’s been crying his eyes are red and puffy and he’s just as worried about the baby as I am. “Will you be alright?” He asks.

“Olly is waiting outside,” I nod.

I am so thankful to Olly; I could have been stuck on the floor for god only knows how long if he hadn’t come home when he did. I’m so glad that Harry asked him to move in.  Harry nods and kisses my cheek again and walks out of the room. Moments later Olly peaks his head around the door and gives me a sympathetic smile. “How you doing, Jess?” He asks quietly as he walks in to the room and sits in the chair that Harry was sitting in moments before.

“I’m sore and they won’t tell me if the baby is alright,” I sigh and wipe the tears from my cheeks. I feel horrible and I just want to know if my baby is okay.

“I’m sure everything is going to be fine babe, where did Harry go?” He asks. I want him to comfort me so I reach out and take his hand. He sighs and links his fingers between mine and leans over to kiss my cheek.

“He’s gone to call Louis,” I sniff.

“What about the others do they know?” He asks.

“Not unless Harry calls them. Is it wrong that I want Niall here?” I ask. I want a Nialler hug and I can’t have one because he’s off in the middle of nowhere with Noelle. It’s not that I have a problem with Noelle I just miss my best friend and feel like she’s taking him away.

“I don’t think so; he’s your best friend. Do you want me to call him?” He asks softly.

“No not yet, I don’t want everyone here and once Louis knows I think everyone will know,” I say with a sigh. God I hope he doesn’t panic. He’s been so worried about Eleanor; I don’t want him to have to worry about me too. The minutes go by slowly and a doctor comes in to the room before Harry has returned.

“Could we wait until my fiancé comes back please?” I ask with a croaky voice.

“Of course,” He nods and picks up my chart.

“I’ll go get him, I’m gonna call Niall and let him know what happened.” Olly says and lets go of my hand and walks out the door. Only a minute later Harry rushes back in to the room.