Chapter 20

Few hours later, Kaiser and Kaori drag the sleepy Katara out of bed to exercise. They use the excuse that it's a holiday so it kind of counts as a weekend. Katara looks at them with eyes full of sleepiness and malice.

'These inhumane healthy freaks' she thinks to herself grudgingly.

Just like the weekend, they exercise for a longer period and finish at 11:30am. Kaori and Kaiser made sure to regulate their speed and strength to their normal standard around Katara.

By the time they get home, Kendelle has already headed to work. Kaori packs her stuff in a small bag and sets off to Scilla's house, not forgetting to give her a heads up first.

To test her speed and stamina, Kaori decided to jog all the way to Scilla's, which is a 1hr and 30 mins jog normally.

She was shocked to find out that she got to Scilla's place after 15 mins, which is just a little bit slower than a car that would take 12 mins. Kaori wasn't even panting.

Kaori walks up to the Ares Mansion. It is a Victorian-styled three-storey stone mansion. It has a driveway that leads up to the mansion, which would take a normal person 3 mins to walk to.

There is an elegantly carved fountain in front of the mansion spewing out clear sparkly water.

'As expected of a family in the country's top 3%'

Kaori presses the fancy high tech bell beside the dark brown heavy wooden front door. Soon, a middle-aged man in a butler uniform opens the front door.

"You must be Ms. Sol. Nice to meet you. Please come in" the butler says with a wide smile. He steps aside for Kaori.

Kaori nods and steps in. The interior is even more impressive.

Immediately Kaori walks in, she sees an elegant curved staircase with dark-brown wooden railings leading up to the second floor right in front of her. The staircase is situated at the entrance/lobby with a high ceiling at the third level of the mansion. A luxurious chandelier bedazzled with jewels hangs from the high roof gracefully. The floor is tiled with cream ceramic tiles and gold designs at the edges. The doors are tall and seem to be made of the same wood as the staircase railings. Expensive mosaics and paintings can be spotted occasionally in different rooms accompanied by equally expensive sculptures or ceramic works.

Kaori didn't know what to say. But of course, Kaori being Kaori, didn't let her thoughts show on her face.

Scilla grabs Kaori's hand and drags her upstairs to her room while yelling for the butler to make popcorn and other desserts. Kaori let herself be pulled as she continued to admire the Ares Mansion.

Soon, the girls get to Scilla's room and it was as expected; at least from Kaori's point of view.

It is just as eccentric and complicated as its owner.

The walls are painted dark purple with some black calligraphy lines at the vertices. Her queen-sized, all black, bed takes up about 1/4th of the space. Two black bean bag chairs are situated in front of the bed, facing a paper-thin flat screen tv hung on the wall opposite them.

One section of the wall is filled with her favourite bands and tv shows while another section is filled with research papers and handwritten notes. Her desk is huge and covers about 3/4th of the wall opposite her bed. There is a door on the remaining 1/4th section which probably leads to her walk-in closet. There is another door adjacent to the closet that is probably the bathroom. Papers, highlighters, sticky notes, and pens are scattered all over the desk leaving just enough space for her high-tech monitor.

To Scilla's credit, apart from the papers and writing supplies, the room is quite clean with no clothes or shoes thrown around. However, this could also be attributed to the maids in the mansion.