Chapter 24

After flipping through the papers, Kaori maintains an expressionless face, but internally, she is laughing.

'HA! Is this what the so-called experts in their fields came up with? Laughable!'

In the school's board defense, they reduced the difficulty of the questions and set it to a slightly higher difficulty than the usual ASHS tests. They can't possibly give her PhD level questions; even though that would have been a breeze for Kaori also.

Kaori takes the pen handed to her by the receptionist and begins writing.

The papers consist of all the ten subjects including Math, Advanced Math, English, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Application Technology (CAT), Foreign Languages, and Business Management. The subjects taken depend on the stream the student studies; Art or Science. However, there are five compulsory subjects like Math, English, CAT, Foreign Languages and Business Management. CAT was recently made a compulsory subject at ASHS because of the persuasion of Garry Randy.

Time ticks by as the board members intently watch Kaori leisurely write on the papers at a fast pace, barely even taking the time to think. Some board members squint their eyes in suspicion while some sneer in mockery. They believe she is just putting up a front. 'No one answers questions that fast and without thinking. She is definitely faking'

This time, Kaori didn't waste time by waiting for an extra 30 minutes like she did during the exam. This time, after she finished the subject in 30 minutes, she directly dumped it to the side. However, just like the exams, she made her answers longer than she intended to to fit her Grade. If she didn't, she would have finished in 15 minutes, and after checking her answers, they would have directly locked her up to experiment on her brain.

Seeing that she has already finished a subject in 30 minutes, the board members stare at her and the papers disbelieving. Some of them even went ahead to chuckle not so subtly.

The board member sitting closest to Kaori reaches for the finished paper and scans it. It is Math. He directly slides it to the front of the table towards the short balding man from earlier. Looks like he is incharge of Math.

The short balding man receives it with a snort and disdain clearly shown in his eyes. He even feels like there is no need to grade such a paper. Seeing how casually she answered the questions, he definitely did not write something worthy of his attention. In fact, he feels it is insulting that everyone is gathered here today to witness such a hilarious and disrespectful act in front of their faces. If he was the only one present, he would have directly thrown the paper in the trash. However, to give Principal Tao some face, he decided to at least scan through it before he fails it.

He picks up the paper with a frown and an unwilling look in his eyes; he doesn't even get out a pen from his pocket to grade it. He starts scanning it at a fast pace. It is very obvious that he is hardly paying attention to what is written. However, when he almost gets to the end of the first page, he pauses and his eyebrows furrow. He stretches his neck closer to the paper like he can't believe what he is seeing. His mouth tilts down into a deeper frown. If he was wearing glasses, this would have been the perfect moment to adjust it.

The board members watch in confusion as he starts scanning the first page from the top one more time, but this time, considerably slower. He slowly reaches for his breast pocket, without taking his eyes off the paper, and unclips a pen. He snaps his fingers towards the receptionist. She hurries around for a second then hands him a blank paper.

Kaori sees all this from the corner of her eyes and couldn't help but note that this receptionist is top-notch!

The short bald man starts scribbling some numbers and letters on the blank paper while occasionally looking at Kaori's exam paper. He soon reveals an enlightened expression with shiny eyes. He makes a big tick on Kaori's paper.