Chapter 25

When Kaori walks out of the administrative building, it is already 10:45 am. She makes her way to the school building.

Actually, she could just call Principal Tao (he gave her his personal phone number) and request for a leave from school. I mean, she is not really learning anything from school at the moment. However, she decided to attend one more day, almost like a farewell to the school and its snobbish students, before she asks for the leave. Then she can focus fully on her own thing.

Kaori walks towards the building while laughing. Through the TC, Kaiser gave her updates on the students' reactions to her absence from school.

They all agreed that she was kicked out of ASHS for her horrible grades. Many of them made snide comments under their breath thinking Kaiser won't be able to hear them. Unfortunately for them, Kaiser's hearing and senses had a 10x improvement with the increase of his cultivation.

Many of the students were gloating and mocking Kaori, while trying to get closer to Kaiser.

Kaori can't help but laugh as she comes closer to the school building.

Three minutes later, she is standing in front of her class which is having a class with Mr. Reddington.

She walks in.

The moment she walks in, all eyes turn to her and widen in surprise. Soon murmurs fill the room.

"What is she doing here?"

"I thought she was kicked out of school?"

"Maybe today is her last day?"

"Yeah it has to be"

Mr. Reddington looks towards Kaori with a displeased frown. He already had a poor impression of her since his first class with her, which she slept through. Frankly, he doesn't want a student like this in his class. But when he went to the vice-principal to complain, he was denied kicking her out of his class because of her genius brother; Kaiser Sol. Mr. Reddington could only keep his annoyance in as he had to admit that Kaiser is a genius that he wouldn't want to lose. He could only blame Kaori's luck for having a brother like Kaiser.

Therefore, seeing Kaori leisurely stroll into the class three hours late, he couldn't reign in his displeasure anymore. He decided to teach her a lesson.

Unfortunately, Mr. Reddington wasn't the one that graded Kaori's Advanced Mathematics paper. If he was, he wouldn't be thinking these nonsensical thoughts.

"Good day, Mr. Reddington" Kaori says before proceeding to make her way to her seat.

Mr. Reddington snorts. "Stop right there!"

Kaori turns around with a small smile. "Yes?"

Mr. Reddington's eyes narrow at her smile. He suddenly has a bad feeling, but he quickly pushes it down, determined to teach this unruly child a lesson.

"Come here and solve this question on the board"

Hearing this, the already murmuring students break out into even more excited talking and jeers.

"Ha! It is finally time"

"Exactly! Previously, she managed to hide behind Immortal Kai, but she can't do that this time"

"I love Mr. Reddington. He didn't give her a way out at all."

"Exactly! Everyone gets your phones ready. We can't miss this moment!"

"I'm already recording. Slow poke"

"Shut up!"

All the students got excited, ready to witness a show. Everyone believed that she would make a fool of herself...well except Kai. Kai leans back on his seat with his arms crossed and a smile on his face.