Prologue

I have always been a very calm person. Unusually calm actually. In my 28 years of living, I don't think I have come across a situation where I lost my cool or panicked. Even when I was abandoned by my so-called family at the age of 8 and thrown out into the streets, I didn't panic. Even when I ran away from street gangs to preserve the little food I managed to scavenge on the streets, I didn't panic. Even when I nearly died from a high fever and malnutrition, I didn't panic. Even when I finally left the orphanage at the age of 18 and had to fend for myself alone in this cruel world, I didn't panic.

Despite all those situations and many more, I never panicked; instead, in that situation, my brain would start to work on over-drive. My brain would start sorting out the information I have, arranging my needs and putting the most urgent one at the very top, listing different solutions and how feasible they were and so on.

I always knew there was something weird about me. Unfortunately, since I was born, I had to hide this part of myself to survive. See the family I was born into was not ordinary. It was the most respected and fearsome family in the country. They dominated both the business and political world. The Sol family. A bunch of pricks...

Stuck-up, insufferable, wealthy, and superficial bunch of pricks; and lucky for me, my mother died in childbirth and my father had so many other children with different women to care.

Due to the overly complicated harem combined with the status of the Sol family, it was a dog-eat-dog world. Competitions, schemes, betrayals...you name it. Everything happened in this "family". Therefore, I learned to hide my abilities from a very young age.

Even though I could remember whatever I see or hear once, I made sure I got mediocre grades. Even if my brain calculated and analysed so fast that it would make computers jealous, I had to always lose when we play games. Yeah, it was that sort of life.

However, despite all my preparations and sacrifices, what led to my downfall was the one thing I never accounted for: my beauty. Huh...very anti-climactic right? Apparently, it's a huge sin if the son of a huge conglomerate from another country falls for a lowly person at first sight instead of the amazingly talented princess of the family.

It's not like I was actually interested in the guy, I don't have energy for all that; besides aren't we too young? But no, "how dare I seduce the mistress's person and even have the audacity to refuse him?". What a bunch of idiots. It's not like everything would be better if I accepted him, right? (Eye roll).

So that's how I got thrown out into the streets when I was 8, almost died from a high fever, blacked out, found myself in the hospital, got sent to an orphanage, left at the age of 18 and immediately joined the working-class, lived a mundane average life for 10 years until I was hit by a drunk driver on my way home from work...and now I am here...and this looks like a situation that warrants panic...

I am not even sure where this is, all I know is that I was dead then now I am here. Surrounded by weird glowing lights in a space as wide as the sky. It honestly looks like I am floating in outer space, but my brain immediately eliminated that possibility since I can breathe normally without a space suit. Besides, who dies and goes to space? That just seems stupid no matter how you think of it. So where exactly is this?