Chapter 62: Bittersweet feeling

"Why do I have the sickest feeling your team leader is a guy?"

"It's because he is."

Jisoo frowned looking at Jennie's very revealing uniform. The skirt was covering practically nothing and her shirt was so tight, she was unsure the girl could breathe.

"Why do you have to work a dumb speed-dating game? Who even came up with the idea?" Jisoo scoffed.

"Our department leader. Now get up and get ready, you promised to drop me off."

"Yes I did." Jisoo grunted, rolling out of bed to sluggishly make her way to the washroom.

She dropped Jennie off at YG before making her way to hang out at the restaurant for the day.

• • • • • • • •

Jisoo peaked her head into the kitchen to see beyond diligently working. Letting herself in, she cleared her voice and greeted them

"Good morning!"

"Sooya!" Tiffany was the first to notice her followed by the rest.

"What are you doing here? Did you get your schedule confused?"

"Nope. Today's the second day of the school festival and I wanted to hang out here for a while before I go there tonight."

"Geez. You're really a different level of loser." Gowon commented.

"Who hangs out at work while there's a school festival? You even have a girlfriend now?" Jihyo shook her head in disappointment.

"Really. This is so humiliating. I didn't raise her like this." Taeyeon went back to the freezer.

"Next, she's gonna pick up extra shifts in the summer."

"And start reading at the library instead of hanging with her girlfriend."

"A moment of silence for their soon-to-be dead relationship."

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Jennie's working at her booth all day and all my friends are either working or busy with their girlfriends. I have my reasons." Jisoo hopped to sit on the counter.

"Soo, try this new recipe We've been preparing." Haseul held a spoon up to her mouth. Trusting their best cook, Jisoo sipped it and made a series of expressions that confused the rest.

"So? Is it good?" Olivia nervously asked.

"Yes!" She brightly smiled. "The flavors were so elaborate that I was elated to allow its contours to explore my mouth orifice!"

The girls let out sighs of relief.

"Jisoo, you are not the Shakespeare you think you are."

"What if I am?" She lifted a single brow goofily at Jihyo.

"Make yourself useful and go greet some customers at the least."

"And who's gonna pay me?"

"Be grateful we're not kicking you out." Olivia rolled her eyes, handing her the menus.

"Fine." Jisoo stuck her tongues out before grabbing them and skipping out.

"So childish." The rest of the girls stifled their laughs at their bickering and  went back to work.

When Jisoo came back to check the time, she realized she had spent hours here. Having heard from Jennie of being let off early, she bid her goodbyes and left for YG again so she could spend the evening with her girlfriend.