Chapter 29: Drunk Talk

Jennie sat there in silence, sobered up by Jisoo's words.

"Mom always told us he loved his bike more than us."

Jisoo smiled at the memory of her mom dramatically lying while her dad sat beside to roll his eyes and call her out.

"When dad died, we didn't even have time to grieve. He was the only one supporting the family and without him, there was nowhere else to go." Jennie sniffed to keep her tears in as Jisoo continued.

"We moved to a smaller apartment, leaving behind our house and also half of our belongings including his bike. Mom picked up a job and Jin dropped out to work so he could help her. We didn't even get to see each other anymore."

Jisoo laughed, thinking back on her past.

"It was a bit funny seeing them like that, especially since dad never let us even think of getting a part time job. They still refused to let me work, like they were keeping a promise to my dad."

"As time passed, everyone started forgetting about him like he never existed, including me."

"All I had was the ring he gave me and a few pictures. It wasn't enough." Jennie watched as Jisoo fiddled with her ring.

"I secretly picked up a job at a restaurant to earn some money. Picking up extra shifts and doing other jobs, I was able to save up for my bike by my birthday last year. We weren't able to ride together but atleast I kept my promise. " Jisoo smiled at the ground.

"I'm sorry." Jennie breathed out, regretting ever asking Jisoo. She felt choked up as she held back tears.

"Don't be. It's not your fault." Jisoo smiled at her "I should've cleared all the misunderstandings up in freshman year anyway."

"W-Why didn't you?" Jennie wanted to know why Jisoo never fought back any of the girls last year.

Jisoo turned her head back to the night sky. Staring at the few stars that lit it up.

"I couldn't. Well I wasn't allowed to."

Her answer only confused Jennie even more.

"I'm not even supposed to be here, Jennie. I was originally supposed to go to SMU."

Jennie felt herself panicking at those last words. She didn't like the thought of not seeing Jisoo everyday.

"I was offered a scholarship here a day before my SMU acceptance came. Turns out my brother applied for me after he heard I didn't apply, afraid we couldn't afford it."

"The first time I talked to Ji Soo, he threatened me with it. He told me his parents could easily get me expelled." Jisoo sent Jennie a sad smile.

"I didn't want to fight back in fear of losing my scholarship."

"Its o-" Jisoo was stopped by the sound of soft cries.

"Jennie?" She got off her swing and kneeled in front of Jennie who was sobbing loudly enough to bring the whole street to them.

Jisoo panicked, looking around to make sure no one was coming at them.

"Jennie, please stop crying, someone is going to think I did something to you."

Jennie threw her arms around Jisoo's neck and pulled her closer to snuggle into her shoulder.

"... I'm...s...ry.....ish...w..shnt..."

Jisoo couldn't pick up any of the words and just rubbed her back and let Jennie cry on her.

Once she felt her sobs die down and breathing back to normal, Jisoo tried to pull away.