Chapter 5: Drunk Confession

Throughout class Miya would look up, only to see Irene glaring at her as if she's trying to burst her head with her eyes.

Miya was utterly terrified and was planning her escape in case she needed to bolt out of the class anytime.

I'm going to write my will to Simon.

It doesn't look like I'll make it out.

Seulgi on the other hand didn't take her eyes off her desk.

Irene was sleeping on my desk?

I'm never letting anyone touch it again!

As class ended Seulgi and Miya were rushing out for different reasons. Miya was running for her life.

I'm using Minju as a human shield if I have to! Irene won't hurt an innocent girl!

Right?

Seulgi was excited to tell Jisoo what had happened.

Just as she stepped out she was yanked by her arm and dragged to the field.

Too happy to see through her eye smile, she just let herself be dragged assuming it was one of her friends.

Her smile finally dropped when she laid her eyes on a frowning Irene, causing an even bigger frown on her face.

"You haven't dropped by the Council office in a while." Irene's tone, sending shivers up on Seulgi's neck.

Seulgi didn't want to stutter again. Not this time. She prayed to Jisoo to help her get out a full sentence.

"Is it because of Miya?" Irene breathed out, soft enough for only Seulgi to hear.

Catching her off guard, Seulgi looked up to see Irene's glossy eyes.

All of Irene's friends knew she liked Seulgi. How could anyone not like Kang Seulgi?

The same Seulgi who didn't want to bring her flowers in case it hurt when she picked them out.

The same Seulgi who she saw drunkenly laying on the road beside a cat, talking about how much she liked Irene.

. . . . . . . .

Walking out of the restaurant for some air and to avoid dealing with any more freshmen hitting on her, Irene stood near the stairs, waiting to sober up.

"Amanda?"

"Amanda."

She turned to see Kang Seulgi laying on the ground, clearly drunk. What is she doing with that cat?

Not too far away were the rest of her friends. Jeongyeon was holding Wendy's hair who was leaning on a tree for support.

Two girls she didn't know were attempting to stop a sobbing Lisa from clinging onto a very annoyed and staggering Jisoo.

She let out a small smile.

As the student council president, she was used to seeing their group almost every week.

Not really for anything bad, just causing small disruptions and bothering others.

She was getting ready to leave back in when she heard Seulgi's voice again.

"The president is so pretty...and smart...do you think I have a chance?"

Irene knew everyone has their own type but she couldn't understand what was the appeal about the president of South Korea.

"What if she rejects me?"

She?

"I don't care! I'm going to confess to the StuCo president and I'm going to win that bet!"

"Seulrene!" Seulgi grinned as she threw her fist up.

Seul...rene? Seulgi and...Irene???

I'm the student council president!!

Irene stood there listening to Seulgi talk to Amanda about her until her friends helped her get up to leave.

From then she paid heavy attention to Seulgi and her antics, eventually coming to like the girl.

She has been waiting for the day Seulgi would finally confess to her as she promised.

. . . . . . .

Seulgi couldn't breathe when she looked at Irene. Is she going to cry? Did I do this?

In an attempt to ask Irene if she's fine and how she's doing, she finally spoke out.

"How are you fine?" WTF KANG!

Irene furrowed her brows further, causing Seulgi to sulk.

In a state of panic, she decided to just blurt out whatever she can get out.

"I'm so sorry! I like you so much!"

"..."

Waiting for a slap that never came, she slowly opened up her eyes to see a blank faced Irene.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Huh?"

"Are you sorry that you like me?

The question caused Seulgi to aggressively shake her head form side to side.

"Good!" Irene finally let out a smile, causing Seulgi to let go of a breath she didn't know she was holding.

"See me after class." Irene walked away, leaving behind a confused and dizzy Seulgi.

----------

I realized I wrote too much for one chapter and split it, so double update :)