7. Stalker?

ELIZABETH POV

After a long, uneventful day of school, I decided to go down to the beach again since the weather was nice. This time, to get a new angle, I went for a walk, took some pictures to copy from and went to sit on my bench.

My music began to play on shuffle as I skipped every song until I got the one I wanted.

I lay my phone on my leg, the picture showing on the screen as I began to sketch.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and as I turned to look up, I pulled my headphones out of my ears to be polite when I was met by those deep, brown eyes and that signature smirk

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were stalking me."

"Who, me? Never," he scoffed, trying to act offended but ended up grinning, "I would never do such a thing."

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while as I drew and he watched until, he asked me, catching me off guard, " you wanna go grab a drink."

We sat in a coffee shop as we got to know each other. I asked a question then he did.

"So Liz, why'd you actually move?"-Paul

I found myself blushing at the nickname but pushed past it due to the question.

"Family stuff"-Elizabeth

"No come on that's too vague." Paul complained.

"You get what you're given Lahote."- Elizabeth

"Okay, then answer me this. Do you know that you are very hard to approach with your headphones in?"-Paul.

"Yes, I do. That's kinda the point"- Elizabeth. At this he couldn't help but let a small chuckle escape his lips. It was a beautiful sound. "I don't want to kill the mood."

"What?"

"Your question idiot. I'd tell you but I don't wanna kill the mood." I almost whispered the last part.

"No, go ahead." He smiled encouragingly.

And there I was. Sat in a coffee shop with Paul Lahote telling him everything. I wasn't going to do this. This was going to be a fresh start. New town. New people. New me. Yet here I was, spilling my heart out to this boy I barely knew and I couldn't help as the words poured from me. As I told him about my dad and my mum, the close relationship I had with my dad compared to my distant mum. I didn't go into too much detail but I still felt the tears prick my eyes. But before a single tear could fall, another hand wrapped around the one I was looking at, a comforting feeling spread throughout my body as the heat from him radiated through me.

It felt nice. To finally have it all off my chest. I didn't have to walk on eggshells around him now, cautious not to share too much because now he knew. He told me about himself. His dad, who had raised him as a single father since he was eight, though they don't have the best relationship.