5. La Push beach day

ELIZABETH POV

I had been home for about an hour before I decided to take a walk to the beach and do some sketches. In art that day the teacher informed us that the new topic was observational art so I decided to get a head start.

It was a cold, gloomy day per usual at La Push so I made sure to grab my coat before packing a bag with my notebook, some pens, pencils and rubbers. I can't lie, I was rather excited to have some new scenery to draw.

I walked down to the beach, it was only a 10 minute walk so it didn't take long. When I got there I saw a group of people. I didn't recognise any of them from school and they didn't look like they were from the reservation so I assumed they went to Forks High.

I saw Jacob Black with a girl. Assuming she was the famous Bella Swan, Jacobs crush, I left them to talk and walk alone. I knew of Jacob from when we met when we were young. Every time I came to visit we would play together and ever since we met we have always kept in touch over the phone. We had caught up briefly the day I arrived after I had eaten tea and he had told me all about her. I think she was also a childhood friend of some sort as I vaguely remember a girl named Isabella, the Chiefs daughter.

I found a small, wooden bench separating the forest and the beach and thought it the perfect spot to draw. I could hear the waves running along the beach, faint laughing in the distance, but not too close to disturb. I got out my headphones, playing quiet music, and began to sketch what I saw: two trees at either side of me that would run along the edge of my drawing, the waves coming up the sand in the middle and the sun separating the clouds in the very centre.

(A bit like this)

(A bit like this)

As I was adding some finishing details, I got the feeling I was being watched. I took out one of my headphones and looked into the forest behind me. I heard a twig snap in the distance of the dark, hidden forest shadows but thought nothing of it. As I saw the time, I realised I should be getting home soon to be ready for tea knowing Darren and Sarah would both be home soon.

Home. It felt weird to think let alone say.

I let my mind wander as I walked home.

PAUL POV

I have no idea how long she had been sat there and, something tells me she didn't either.

I have never wanted to be close to someone this badly. All I want is to shift back into my human form and sit down next to her. Whether we talk or sit in silence as she draws, I wouldn't care. I'll do what she wants. Be what she needs. I want to talk to her. Tell her who and what I am so I can spend every second of my life with her.

I must have subconsciously moved, or maybe she just felt paranoid because she put down her pencil, having finished her drawing anyway, and looked back towards me. I was hiding in the shadows hoping she couldn't see me. Being 'stalked' by a wolf probably wouldn't be the best way of telling her.

She seemed to brush it off as she made her way back home.