2. Home sweet home

Once Darren and Elizabeth had arrived at the house in La Push, Lizzie already felt the nostalgia rush back to her from her annual visits there every summer. Lizzie had always loved coming to La Push as she loved beaches and forests and just nature in general, except bugs. Lizzie despised any type of bug with a passion. Animals? Yes. Bugs? No. If she was to see even the smallest spider she would literally leave the room.

She was happy to live somewhere other than her old home that had recently become rather depressing. It had constantly smelt of alcohol recently no matter how many candles she lit. It also reminded her every day that her father, her best friend in the whole world was gone. And he wasn't coming back.

As soon as the car pulled up, the front door of the house opened to reveal her auntie Sarah. She had natural blonde hair as bright as the sun and an even brighter smile to match. She always loved when Lizzie came over because usually Lizzie was a positive, happy girl who always saw the best in everyone and everything. Although due to recent events, her usual contagious grin turned to a small, forced smile as she greeted her aunt. She left her aunt and uncle to chat and she decided to go straight upstairs and unpack so she would be ready for school the following day.

The house was small yet had a homely vibe to it. The colour scheme was neutral, mainly beige and grey. The kitchen was small and simple with wooden counters, a wooden dining table and four wooden chairs to match. There was a plate of freshly baked cookies in the centre of the table, the smell filled the room which was a nice change to her previous house. The living room had two grey couches, one grey been bag chair, a small tv and picture frames of family, friends, and wedding pictures littering the walls. The main bathroom (used by guests mostly) was decorated beige and white with plants dangling down the shelves. Upstairs there were 2 doors. The door on the right was Darren and Sarah's room, which had their own joined bathroom and on the left was Lizzie's bedroom, which also had a bathroom attached.

The room was a guest room that she had stayed in when she would visit. It was quite large and had been recently decorated, by Sarah. The walls were a cream/beige to match the rest of the house, fairly lights crossing the ceiling, patterned, cream curtains, a tree decoration on one wall (along with a plain pin board), a dream-catcher (which was apparently a gift from Jacob, who was the son of one of Darrens friends) and a desk and mirror opposite the small double bed. There was a white rug on the wooden floor, a hanging chair in the corner of the room and an empty double  wardrobe waiting for her clothes her bathroom had a toilet, sink, shower, cupboard and shelves holding empty baskets and fake plants already.

Shortly after Elizabeth finished packing, she was called down for tea

Shortly after Elizabeth finished packing, she was called down for tea. Whilst she was eating tea with her 'new family' she could help but smile at the thought of a fresh start. Though she would always love her father and the time they spent together, and the few times her and her mother got along, she couldn't help but feel immediately at home in her new home sweet home.