1. New beginning

In a matter of months Elizabeth's life had changed drastically and little did she know, it was only the beginning.

Elizabeth's father, Callum, had died a few months before she moved to La Push. He had died in a drunk car crash and had left her alone with her mother. The girl never felt close with her mother so it was no surprise that their relationship got worse after he died. Her mother became distant and turned to alcohol as a coping mechanism so Elizabeth thought it wise to keep her distance and blend into the shadows. She had gotten used to that by now, staying in the shadows. Out of sight out of mind right?

Weeks after her fathers death, her mother took her life not wanting it without her husband and certainly not wanted to be reminded of him every time she looked at her daughter who resembled her dead husband in looks.

Her parents funeral was small. People who attended were: Elizabeth, Callum's brother/Elizabeth's uncle (Darren), Darren's wife (Sarah) and her parents few friends from work.

Lizzie was placed into her uncle's care who lived in La Push with his wife, Sarah. Sarah went home the day after the funeral to make sure everything was ready for Lizzie's arrival whereas Darren stayed with Lizzie to help her pack, which took a couple of days.

Lizzie was actually relived to be moving schools as she was tired of being known as the 'orphan girl'. Although her anxiety was already thinking of every single thing that could go wrong with joining school a few weeks later than everyone else. This list went on for a while and included things such as having no one to sit with, people finding out she was an orphan, being stared at, being picked on in class, group projects and so many more. But, unluckily for Lizzie, she would have a long plane and car ride to think about it which terrified the girl as one of the things she hated the most in life was being alone with her thoughts.