CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: CENTAURS IN NEW YORK

It's so funny, being in my elder brother house, without his presence. The town was completely different and it was quite strange as I suspected them. It was not easy to settle like I'm American from London or being an orphan.

        Bryers family loved us, they cared us like we're their own children. We were happy that at least they act like foster parents to us. On the other hand, when I met Grace, she was mesmerized and she embraced me, "Brother you're alive" I was confused, "Well, I'm not your brother, I'm Anthony Wood." Though she knew that I'm not her brother, she always loved me as her own brother.

            A beautiful morning, Julie knocks our door and I open it. A beautiful smile embarks and she said, "Chris, you're back...where's Sofia?" I was puzzled, "Excuse me, who's Sofia?" "Come in, Ms. Julie...sorry for disturbance" invited Samantha. She continued, "That's not Chris, it's his brother, Anthony" She was surprised, "Oh...they look similar...anyhow, I'm here to give brownies to you guys and any idea when she'll be back from quest" Samantha stammers, "Um...thank you for your kind hospitality. Sofia and Chris will be back in few months" "I hope, Freyja takes care of her as she's mortal!" replied Julie. She smiled, "Sure, you know her!" Julie bids farewell and questions arises in my mind.

          I asked, "Who's Freyja? Who's Sofia? Under the care of Freyja?" She commands, "I'm sorry, Anthony...I'm late for work. Well, the answers for these questions are speechless." She leaves the house and hands over the keys to me while I and Anna were hanging out. I said, "Isn't that strange that we should suspect them" "Well, come on...leave this house at least as we're living our life and we should be happy that we're going to meet our brother" said Anna.

             After long shower, Sabrina wrapped in towel comes to living room, "Anthony babe, how about we hang out tonight in the park?" I smiled, "Sure, babe as you wish!" She goes inside her room and Anna said, "Wow, she just flirted with you right in front of me...that's naughty" I replied, "Come on, she's my girlfriend. Did you talked to Sophie?" "Yep, she's kinda busy!" replied Anna. I knew she was in pain and I consoled her, "You can tell your brother, did she?"

        She starts crying, "Brother...she broke up with me yesterday. She tells that long relationship...will not work out and she also says...we're not perfect match" I felt guilty for her pain, "I'm sorry, Anna...I didn't knew that she would broke up with you. You both were amazing...Don't worry, you'll meet someone who's special to you." She said, "I'm going to my room and leave me alone for some moment" I said, "Very well, Anna...my room is all yours and be careful"

           It was sad to see her being upset for first time in my life. She was happy when she met Sophie but her heart is broken and she's totally depressed.

         Meanwhile, New York was in chaos again as people witnesses a mythical creature called Centaur, as their upper body is of a human and the lower body and legs of a horse. It's not like chronicles of Narnia as myth say that they fight for justice but unlike myth can be false.

         People were taking snaps of it and it became viral all over the world and when I saw the picture of it. I called out for Sabrina and Anna. They were surprised and I said, "Well, well...another monster to fight" "Heat signatures from the sky is increasing. There's some kind of energy heat in the atmosphere" replied Sabrina. "Wait, I think they're waging war against us. People are in danger" replied Anna. I said, "We need to fight. People are in danger" "There's nothing we can do. Your safety is my priority babe!" replied Sabrina. I said, "I can't let those innocents die in their bare hands. They'll die because of me"

         Whereas, centaur were increasing a large portal opens in the atmosphere and centaurs were landing down with their evil eyes and a sword and bow and arrow. People weren't worried about them as they thought it's some kind of Greek exhibition. But, it wasn't as the centaur charged the people by killing the one who sinned. People were dying and it was total bloodbath. The US government declared national emergency and army was deployed to kill them.