CHAPTER FIVE: SHADOW VS ONE

I shouted, "Shadow! Surrender yourself" and another lightning strikes him. He was barely attacked nor he did fear, shouts back, "Your lightning is weak...Fight me or Die alone"

       This was the moment, a cherishing moment, where I come to know my true powers. My body was burning brighter like a sun, which was harmful to Shadow. He tries to escape but my brightness outshined the whole area. Inside the house, Sofia was trembling, afraid of what happening outside and unaware of me. Whereas, Veronica, Maddie and Mystery girl arrived there and were surprised by my brightness.

        The shadow was afraid to die, lacked speed to hide. I expanded my brightness again; it was scourging heat...no one can bear it. Noah was surprised by my emerging powers, my insatiable thirst to kill him. A last smile from his mouth, "They'll come for you" and he dies in vain.

       Slowly, my brightness faded and I went inside the house. Sofia, tied to chair, blinded by a cloth was unaware of my presence, "No...please leave me alone." I untied her ropes, removed the cloth and she was surprised to see me. She embraces me with joy, "Oh, my god! Chris...I mean, this is unexpected!" I smiled, "Well, babe...I'm really sorry that my absence in town led to consequences."

         She wipes her tears, "No...how come you know about me?" I stared at the roof for a moment, "Well, it's a long story and I owe you an apology" "No...you shouldn't...I was worried for you" replied Sofia. I stammered, "It's not about your worriedness. It's about Veronica." Her eyes fixed to ground, slight change in her face like she feels angry, "What about her?" "Yesterday she came to my house...and..." as I continued. "Don't say what I'm thinking?" replied Sofia. I replied, "Well, Sofia...I'm so sorry...I was totally confused. I didn't mean it but she's a witch...she manipulated me." "Are you crazy? Witch?" asked Sofia angrily. I replied, "It doesn't matters...you're alive and safe"

          She threw objects on me but I consoled her but she couldn't. She shouted, "You cheated on me...I didn't...you freaking bitch!" I said, "Please listen to me...it's not my fault" "Not my fault? You slept with someone whom you met for a second and we've know each other for 12 years" replied Sofia. Outside the house, Veronica, Maddie and mystery girl were listening to our little quarrel, probably my first fight.

        But, our fight was not important as I heard something from woods, bats and crow flew towards the town in fear. Since, it's middle of forest and it's night...there's nothing we can call for help. I said, "Okay, this is not time for our quarrel...something is coming" "What the hell? Now are you a bat or some kind of superman?" asked Sofia.

       The screeching, monstrous sound, rustling through trees like a stampede, and I was worried. I shouted, "Someone is coming...we should go" The mystery girl replied, "There's nothing...it's just bats" I was transforming again and as my transformation process completes, Sofia was amazed, like it's a dream. I told Veronica to take Sofia to safe place while I'll deal with this shit. She agreed and a portal opens where Veronica, Maddie and Sofia leaves the woods which was shocking trauma to Sofia. The mystery girl stays behind.

      I said, "Why didn't you go?" She replied, "I couldn't leave you to die. You're my future!" I was confused of her statement, "Who are you?" She replied, "I'm Olivia Williams, born in London to a royal family but turns out my biological father is Apollo." I said, "Well, at least you found out the truth...but I'm still unaware of these powers"

    The scenario changes...it was not something, it was shadows lead by their leader Njór. I said, "Let's wipe out these shadows" We were energetic and as I advanced, an intergalactic pathway opens and a huge, strong, mystical and probably a God, blocks us. He commands, "I'm Thor Odinson, God Of Thunder, King Of Asgard...follow me before they kill you" I said, "No...I can kill them" His eyes were furious with lightning, he draws lightning from sky and attacks the Shadows as warning. The Shadows fall back and return to their home but Njór shouts, "This isn't over...we'll be back, just like old times."