Chapter 13:The Truth

[A/N:And here is another update...hope you enjoy. Also here's an idea, never get friends.]

Jeremy's P.O.V
______________

I think I fell asleep at the desk...since when I woke up Mike was kinda staring at me...my mind was racing with thoughts, why was he staring at me? How long was I out for? "M-Mike?" I asked raising my head up. He jumped back at my sudden movement. "Christ you're awake!" He yelled, clutching at his chest in panic. I couldn't help but giggle a little. "Yeah, d-did I fall a-asleep?" I questioned a small smile tugging at my lips since he was scowling at me, he nodded and chuckled slightly. I frowned slightly, he was probably laughing at me and how weak I was for falling asleep...

Shadow stirred from my arms and jumped on to the desk. Her eyes stared at Mike, they lingered there for a minute or two and then she just stared right back at me, meowing every once in awhile. "Okay what was that all about?" He asked after the silence had passed into an uncomfortable state. I simply shrugged and picked up Shadow, I was not expecting to be in so much pain when I did. My legs and arms all hurt so much....I can assume you all know why...but I wasn't going to inform Mike about it, what would he even do?

Laugh. Call me names. Say I deserved it. Make me feel weak. Yeah, basically any of that. I felt like crying now...great I really can let myself down easily! I started walking towards the door with Mike following me, he was staring at Shadow all the while and she was staring at him, they never broke eye contact once. That is until I got outside where Mike stopped me before I could leave, what was he doing?

"Jeremy what's wrong? Your cat has been staring at me for like forever and it seems like something is wrong...so please...just tell me..." He asked and this made me question him. Could I really trust him or was he just going to desert me or make fun of me? I frowned slightly and I felt panic and pain rush through my body. Did I really have to answer him? You know what? Screw it...I'll tell him..."You want to know what's wrong Mike? How about the fact that I was raped?" I shouted my tone more hostile than it should have been. He was so shocked that he didn't say anything at all.

I felt more tears prick at my eyes as I walked away, I knew it. Just when I thought I could get away, a hand grabbed my shoulder and roughly pulled me back, I was shocked that Mike was actually responding now. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly...now he had a sensitive side? I just let him hug me...it felt more comfortable than anything really...suddenly he spoke. And what he said would change me forever.

"I know how it feels."