15) Close

This chapter is dedicated to _legallycrazy_ Thank you for commenting loads and being a dedicated reader! :)

_________________

Aiden's POV-

I wake up with Autumns legs tangled with mine, her head on my chest, arm thrown over my torso and her breathing steady and soft. I scanned her face. She was so pretty, but no doubt insecure and in pain. Over the night she was mumbling things like "Please stop, or your going to kill her." Autumn saying those things just added on to my curiosity. I can't help but think the worst. Was she being abused? Was she getting raped? My eyes squeeze shut at the thought and my fists clench. I hope not.

Eventually Autumn turns in her sleep so her back was now facing me. I couldn't keep my eyes from wondering down her body. Her shirt was raised up to her waist revealing her dark blue lacy underwear. I groan and run my hands over my face. She was wearing that really sexy underwear. What was it called? Cheekys? Yeah. Damn son. Bless that fine booty and the creator of those underwear.

It was 10 am so I finally cover up Autumn all the way to her neck making sure nobody can see nothing just in case Brett walks in. I get up and head down to the gym in the basement. Brett was already strapping on his boxing gloves when I reached.

"Good morning. How was it last night? Get that good good?" Brett smirks.

"No stupid." I put on my boxing gloves and start punching the large punching bag hanging from the ceiling.

"I got a call today."

"From who?" I asked Brett.

"Dylan called, he told me the NYC Maf wont back down without a fight."

"Fuck. Why wont those motherfuckers just back off?" I punch the bag harder.

"I don't know Aiden! Maybe you should have thought twice before killing the leader of there gang!" Brett yelled. Veins popping on the side of his head.

My blood boils. I punch the bag harder and faster but I stay silent. Maybe the leader of the NYC Mafia should have thought twice before killing mine and Brett's parents.

"You have to be careful man. You don't want them to see you with Autumn. There everywhere. Don't get to close."

"You don't think I'm trying man!"

"Well you have to try harder! Do you want her to end up dead like the rest of the people we fucking loved!"

I growl and punch Brett in the jaw. "I know! What else do you want me to do!" Ugh why is he right all the time. 

He punched me back. "Do whatever you have to do man." Brett turns around and leaves the basement. I sigh loudly and sit on the floor. He's right. I cant get close to her. I'm already to close. Letting her sleep over, sitting next to her at lunch, being nice to her and not even fucking her. This is not me. It all has to stop. But how?

* * *

Autumn POV-

I wake to see no Aiden. I get up and brush my teeth with the pink toothbrush I used yesterday. I fix my hair a little, wash my face and go downstairs.

"Aiden?" I ask looking around for him.

"Hey." I see Brett in the kitchen all sweaty drinking water.

"Hey." I smile back.

"If your looking for Aiden he's in the basement." What the hell?

"What do you mean? You guys live like on top floor of this building." I ask confused.