4) Noticed

"Ugh." I groan getting up from the bathroom floor, I fell asleep on last night. I wince at my reflection. My cheek right cheek was red, black and blue. You can clearly make out my dads hand print on my cheek. I touch my cheek and suck in a deep breath. It hurts so much.

I hop into the shower and get ready for school. I decided on wearing another big hoodie in desperate need to cover my face. I look at the time. Shit I missed the first 2 periods of school. Oh well I'm already late, might as well grab some breakfast and walk to school and be even more late. I put on my glasses because I am blind and cant see shit without them, and leave the house making my way to the corner store.

Ahh perks of New York City. "What's up Autumn?" Said Antonio the owner of the deli.

"Same old Tony. Can I have a bacon egg and cheese please?"

"Sure thing mami. So hows Pops?" He asks in his Spanish accent.

"Same as everyday." He hands me my sandwich and I hand him 5 dollars.

"I took a Dr. Pepper too." I said pointing to my bag.

He smiled. "Have a good day mami."

I plug in my headphones and walk to school while eating my sandwich. By the time I got to school it's  3rd period. History. Nobody was in the room yet so I quickly make my way to my seat with my hood still on. After a couple minutes the bell rang and people started filling in there seats. Aiden sat to my right and the hoe from yesterday still to my left.

"Good Morning class! Today we will be discussing Hitler, and how he effected World War 2. First I would like for everyone to take out their notebooks and copy the notes on the Smart Board."

I internally groan. I quickly take down the notes and put my head down.

"Aiden since yesterday wasn't a very good start for you, how about you answer my question. Where was Hitler born?"

What is this kindergarden? Everybody knows he was born in Austria.

"I don't know France or something." Aiden answers. Omg did he say France? Ha, dumbo.

"Okay... how about we ask your neighbor. Autumn please pick your head up and answer the question."

"Austria."

"Very good! Now please keep your head up and please remove your hood."

No, No come on! Man. I turn to my right and see Aiden staring directly at my face. No, this is not good. I can not let anyone see my cheek.

"Right now Autumn we don't have all day."

I place my right hand on my injured right cheek and remove the hood with the left. Leaning onto my hand I look to the front of the class and avoid eye contact with Aiden. I can see the he was still looking at me from the corner of my eye.

Once the bell rang I put my hood back on and put my notebook into my bag. Quickly I make my way to my next class. P.E. I tell my teacher that I'm on my period and I can not participate today. She understands and says I can sit on the bleachers while the other girls play volleyball. I don't really have my period but who has time to get sweaty in school?

*    *    *

While going into the lunch room I bump into someone. Aiden. My hood falls off and he catches a glimpse of my cheek. I gasp and frantically put it back on so no one else can see. I look down and  quickly walk to my table with Tessa already sitting there waiting for me.

"How was last night?" She asks reaching for my hand across the table. I don't say anything, I just take off my hood and show her my face. She gasps. I quickly put my hood back on. "Oh my God sweetie! I told  you to sleep over at my house!" I try to hold the tears back, recalling last nights events. Tessa doesn't ask any questions about last night. Silently she hands me her frozen water bottle to roll over my cheek.

The bell rings soon after that. Walking to class someone grabs my wrist. "What the..." The person quickly pulls me into a empty classroom. I turn around trying to see the persons face. "Aiden? What the fu-"

His actions cut me short. He reaches behind me and pulls my hood down. I immediately gasp and turn my head to the side so he wont be able to see my cheek. He roughly grabs my chin and pulls my face upwards. I watch his eyes follow one lone tear as it rolls down my cheek.

"Who did this!" He yells.

"First of fucking all chill. I don't know you. You don't know me. And second of all nobody it was just my flat iron." I lie. Fuck. Really Autumn! Your a amazing lier! Now that you need it the most is the best you can come up with?!

"Don't bullshit me. I can see someones hand print on your cheek."

I flinch as he reaches for my cheek. I shouldn't have done that. That's just going to add to his suspicion. Aiden squints "Who-" I run out of the room without listening to another word of what he has to say.