Chapter twenty

I wake up to Draco's chest falling and rising at a steady beat. I start to rise, but he wraps his arms around me and pulls me back down to him.

"Where do you think you're going?" he says groggily.

"Nowhere. At least not until class." He gives me a peck and lets me get up.

"So, you want to tell me about last night?"

"What's there to tell?"

"I dunno, how about who made you so miserable. I'm open to creating a list." He says and smiles cockily.

"It was nothing."

"It wasn't nothing, and it hurts me to see you like this."

"Fine. Zacharias was making some nasty comments about me, and it felt horrible."

"Smith?" he asks angrily.

"Yes."

"What kind of comments?"

"Nothing much, mostly about me sucking off a Death Eater, dating a Death Eater, being a Death Eater. You know, the usual. I even showed them my scar unintentionally."

I absentmindedly rub my scar and he takes both of my hands in his "I'm going to murder him, Ellie. No one gets to talk that way to you."

"That's sweet but no need for that. I handled it."

"Oh really?" he says teasingly.

"Oh I'm not joking. No one spoke to me, they were all too embarrassed."

"That's my girl." He pulls me into his lap and kisses my jaw.

"We have to get to class Draco."

"Can't we be a little late? Just a little?" he says, nipping at my throat.

"No, not even a little. I don't need the Carrows on my dick this early in the morning."

"Last time I checked darling, I was the one that had one of those."

"You're an idiot. And I love you." Oh bloody hell. That's not how I was supposed to do it. My eyes widen and I mentally bitch slap myself a dozen times. How could a person be so stupid?

"You do, don't you?" he asks teasingly.

"Sod off, Malfoy." I say pushing away from him.

"But I can't. Not now. I love you too much to do that." My heart swells and the weight drops at the same time.

"You do?"

"Of course I do. Am I the only person in this relationship? I thought I made it pretty fucking obvious."

"I don't know, I wasn't paying attention. I was too busy falling in love with you myself."

"I am pretty irresistible, I'll give you that. Can't blame you for falling so absolutely madly in love with me."

"Don't make me take it back." I say rolling my eyes at him.

"Well you can't do that now. Sorry darling, you're stuck with me."

"And you're making me nauseous. I'll see you later." I kiss him quickly and get up.

"See you later Lupin."

"Later, Malfoy." I can see him staring at my ass, but I couldn't possibly care less. My heart feels like it's about to burst from happiness.

I meet Ginny and Neville in front of the Great Hall and we go in for breakfast.