Chapter 2 ~ Present ✔️

Vanessa's pov:

It's been three weeks since I told my friends about my pregnancy. First off, I was surprised that they were happy about my pregnancy, but sad when I told them that Lucas doesn't want to be part of my baby's life.  When someone is expecting a baby they're overjoyed with excitement, but for me all I want to do is protect him or her from all the cruel things that the world has around.

(Rosa's and Vanessa's apartment)

I'm currently standing in my new apartment with Rosa showing me around. After they saw me crying on my restroom floor, that's when they knew that I wasn't safe where I was staying, so they helped me pack my things and brought me here. Mia has her own place but she's hardly there. She works as an assistant for a business company.  I just wish that she could make time for herself then hiding behind four walls.

I decided to make something to eat. Being pregnant and having these cravings aren't helping at all. I came out of my room to see Rosa on the phone. I signaled her that I was going to the kitchen to make something to eat. Looking around I noticed that we were short on supplies and that we will have to make a short trip to the supermarket. Rosa came to the kitchen and noticed that there wasn't much to make so we decided to get take-out. I was in the mood for some Chinese food.

"Rosa, you I love you right" I asked with a smile on my face

"Oh no, whenever you say you love, one of us it means you want something. What is it?" I giggled at her comment.

"We're in the mood for some Chinese food" I smiled at her

She furrowed her eyebrows "we're" I pointed to my stomach where my baby was. That's when it clicked her. She laughed at me "Fine, let me get my purse and I'll go get some food for us" she laughed while walking out of the kitchen.

Later that day...

(Vanessa's bedroom)

(Vanessa's bedroom)

As I was getting situated in my new room, I heard a knock on the door. Turning to see who it was Rosa came barging in with a small box on her hands and a wide smile on her
face. "What is that" I asked in confusion