Chapter Twenty

"This is not hidden at all." Katherine says.

We're standing outside of the house, in the middle of a neighborhood just outside of Mystic Falls.

"Exactly, ever heard of hiding in plain sight?" I respond.

"Fine, there's no time to argue."

Katherine vamp-speeds inside and I follow after her.

"I need a shower." She says.

"Me too."

— —

-MORNING-

"I feel like we should be on the move. Staying in this house feels too unsafe." Katherine says, joining me at the kitchen counter with her plate.

"I know, but we have some time. It hasn't even been a day since we've been here."

"So we stay for a couple days? Then what?"

"We will cross the bridge when we get to it I guess." I sigh. "For now let's enjoy these waffles."

After we're done we go upstairs to brush our teeth. There's one bedroom and one bathroom up here since the entire house is extremely small. I'm not complaining, away from Klaus and next to Katherine is all I could ask for.

"Now we need to come up with a new plan to get rid of Klaus." I say, walking into the bedroom.

"Why don't we just shove the white oak straight into that rotten heart of his?" Katherine says, walking up to me.

"I wish it were that easy." I take a breath. "Now we really need a plan because he knows about you."

"How about we deal with that later, less taking."

I smile.

Katherine shoves me backwards onto the bed and crawls over on top of me. She connects her lips to
mine and we take off both our shirts.

A knock at the door interrupts us and Katherine quickly climbs off of me, putting on her shirt.

"Who could that possibly be?" Kat says, walking downstairs.

I scurry out of the bed and put a shirt on, chasing after her, she stops me mid-run on the stars, putting a finger to her lips.

I glance down the stairs, seeing the front door wide open, men in suits start flooding in. Katherine shoves me back upstairs and we try our best to quietly move into the bedroom.

I get in first and Katherine follows after, shutting and locking the door as quietly as possible.

"C'mon, the window!" I whisper.

She nods. "I'll watch the door."

I click open the lock but just as I reach to open it, a sharp object presses into my back. I gasp and close my eyes, keeping still. I can guess that it's a stake.

"Don't even try." I recognize his voice: Klaus.

I didn't even hear the door open, Katherine was watching- shit. Katherine.

He presses more which causes me to become pinned against the glass. I whimper and put my hands up in surrender.

"Klaus, please."

"Are you beginning, love?"

"Fine you can hurt me, just let Katherine go. I'm the one who decided to dagger you."

Two men grab my arms and Klaus releases the stake. I'm pulled from the door and turn to Katherine, who is being held up by the men, her head hanging low.