Chapter Eight

-NEW ORLEANS-

"Is there a reason you want me here?" I ask, walking out onto the balcony to face Klaus

"We'll..." Klaus hesitates and smiles. "I needed to get you away from that lunatic boyfriend of yours."

"He's not a lunatic! You don't know him." I cross my arms, walking closer. "And as long as I'm here, you don't hurt him."

"Whatever you say, love. Now, let's go get a drink." Klaus starts to walk inside.

"A drink?! I know that's not what you came her to do, Klaus." I follow him in.

He grabs my wrist, and vamp-speeds, pulling me outside of a bar. "No running. Or there will be consequences."

I roll my eyes, walking inside and ordering a drink from the bartender right away. Klaus comes in and sits beside me, grabbing a drink of his own.

The bartender comes back with four shot glasses and I move them into my possession.

Klaus takes a sip of his drink, staring down mine, concerned.

I take all four without a break and order another set.

"Whoa, slow down Stella, I can't have you drunk for what I have planned." Klaus says.

I show him the middle finger and take another shot. Klaus just laughs and drinks some more.

"I need some air." I lie, getting up.

Klaus grabs my wrist, preventing me from leaving. I clench my hand into a fist and glare at him.

"Calm down, Klaus, I won't go anywhere." I lie again, because that's my exact plan. To get the hell out of New Orleans.

I get outside and watch Klaus intently, waiting for the perfect moment to run. When Klaus turns to the bartender, I quickly vamp-speed to the side but I bump into someone. The force sends me to the ground but the man stays still.

"I'm sorry- I wasn't looking." I say, brushing off and getting to my feet.

The man doesn't answer and gives me a stare that sends chills down my spine. I may not have magic, but I still have that physic sense, and this man is up to something- something bad.

"I should get going, have a nice day." I start to walk beside him quickly but he grabs my arm, tight, waking me wince.

I try to free myself from his grip but he's stronger. This vampire is over 500 years old if he's stronger than me. This won't end well.

"I need you to come with me, but trust me, you'll be safe." He claims.

Something tells me that he's telling the truth, but isn't that what all of the bad guys say? They manipulate you so you'll fall into their trap. I'm not that dumb.