Chapter Two

I'm laying in the middle of a dirt road, surrounded by prairies. Well this doesn't seem to bad. Then I remember of my parents. Just keep them out of my head! Anyway, this looks like a vacation I would take.

I get up and spin around. I spot a house far in the distance, and immediately vamp-speed to it. I'm thirsty, or maybe hungry. I can't tell, but it's killing me.

I go into the house and it's a mess. Like someone came here to tear it apart and then left. It's only one story, so once I walked in I could see both the kitchen and the living room. The pillows and cushions of the couch are thrown off, the t.v has a large crack in it, and books lay sprawled open.

I make my way to the kitchen, looking for food. The fridge is empty and there are dishes in the sink. I pick one up and feel that it's still wet. Strange. I open a door to reveal a bedroom. The sheets are messed up and wrinkled. The closet door is wide open, revealing two shirts and some jeans on the floor. Wow this really is my own personal hell.

I go into the bathroom, it's dirty, but it's the cleanest room in the house. Well I am not staying here. There's no food anyway, and it's in the middle of nowhere. I need to find a place close to a grocery store and other buildings. I have this entire place so that shouldn't be hard.

I walk outside and around to the back of the house. I can't see anything else. Just prairies that seemed to stretch on forever. I mean I can't die, but did my parents want to just put me here to starve to death over and over again? It's possible. I don't know what they were thinking, but starving me was not going to change my sexuality.

It annoys me and makes me sad at the same time that my own parents couldn't love me just because I fell in love with a girl. Katherine, oh god. I can't think about it.

I clear my head. Just pick a direction, and run. Left. I vamp-speed on and on and on. After a bit, I come across a building, then another, then, a town.

Finally.

I walk in the center of the road, and it feels good. I don't have to worry about a person watching me or bothering me. I start humming and looking at each beautiful building.

Suddenly I hear the sound of car tires squeaking. What? Am I going crazy? I quickly turn around and see a car, but before I can jump out of the way, it runs right into me, sending me flying over the top of it and off the other side.

It takes my breath, causing me to start coughing uncontrollably. It feels like every bone in my body was broke as I try to push myself off of the road. The pain was so bad I didn't even have time to think.

I hear the car stop a distance ahead and the car door open and shut. Oh god, whoever that was must be programmed to torture me or something. Not a real person, at least.

As I start to heal, I stand up with all of my strength. Watching a man come at me. He was wearing jeans, and jean jacket with a red shirt underneath, topped of with a pair of shades.

"Who are you?" He says angrily, "and what are you going in my prison world."

What? His Prison World? This was clearly my Prison World. Hm. Maybe this is hope of escape.

"I'm sorry? This is my Prison World, not yours, whoever- whatever you are." I say confidentially.

He laughs. Walking up to me, at least an arms length away.

"I think you're confused. My name is Kai, Kai Parker."

"I'm Stella, and I would like to know why you ran me over with your car!" I shout.

"Just for fun. Well, it seems that you've been sent to my Prison World."

"Hm. I guess we better make the best of it."

"Since we're stuck here together, we mine as well get to know each other." Kai says.

I roll my eyes, desperate much. Why are all the hot ones annoying? Kai was definitely not planted here by my parents. But if we were the only two living here together for eternity, he was right.

"Sure, why were you sent here, Kai Parker?" I ask as we move to his car.

I sit in the passenger seat and Kai takes off his sunglasses.

"I think you should start."

He starts to drive, avoiding my confused stare.

"Well, I warn you now, it is a long, depressing story, because you have to know the reason I'm here, was because of that, which was because of that, which was because of that, which was because of that, and you know the rest."

"I got time." He smiles.

I can't help but find him attractive. He even knows he's hot which makes him even more hot. I find myself gazing at him longingly and quickly avert my attention when he smiles.

"I'd have to share a lot though, and I've only shared this story with one other person in my life, and she's dead." I say.

Am I really going to open up about my tragic past to a complete stranger I met five minutes ago? Here goes nothing, I guess, I mean what's the harm? He seems nice...