Chapter Ten

I sit up as Katherine walks over and kneels down in front of me

I sit up as Katherine walks over and kneels down in front of me. Tears form in my eyes, in disbelief. She brings her hand to one side of my face, using her thumb to wipe away a tear. I lean my head into her hand, closing my eyes with a smile.

"Katherine."

I open my eyes to her soft smile that I thought I'd never see again.

"The one and only."

I snap back into reality and grab her wrist, pushing her hand away. She stands up and her smile fades.

"How are you alive? I watched you die!" I shout. "Why am I here?! What are you-"

"I'll explain everything, Stella. I'm sorry if you got hurt in the process, but I needed you here. To tell you that I'm alive, but NO one else can know that I'm alive." Katherine says.

"Why?! It's been almost 500 years! You didn't care to tell me?! You don't know what I went through without you, Kat!" I cry.

"I didn't know you were even alive, until recently. But I couldn't risk anyone finding out that I was alive because if you're parents find out, they'll-"

"They're dead."

"What?"

"My parents are dead."

"Oh, Stel, I'm so sorry." Katherine sit's next to me on the couch and puts her hand over mine.

"No- don't be. I killed them."

I turn to look at her and she looks at me shocked.

"You know what they did to me, and the both of us. They deserved it." I say.

"You're right." She says.

"It was all for you, Kat. Everything I did..." I lean in closer to Katherine in sync with her movements. "...it was all for you."

I glance from her lips to her eyes, forgetting everything around me. This is all I've ever wanted isn't it?

Katherine slowly places her lips on mine, unsure of how I would take it. I lean into the kiss to reassure her and she kisses me back harder.

I pull out of the kiss for a moment and Katherine smiles, and our lips meet again. She's alive. She's here. I'm touching her. I explore her body with my hands as if not believe she is real.

Katherine lifts up the ends of my shirt, but that's when I remember, although I may have wanted this at a different time, I can't have her now. Kai.

"Wait." I say, leaning away from her. "We can't- I'm- in a relationship."

"But I'm finally free! We can be together and do whatever we want without a care in the world!" Katherine says, taking off her shirt.

I look her up and down but quickly close my eyes. "I know. I'm really sorry that you were forced in the shadows for so long, but our relationship is serious, Kat."