Chapter Four

"So, what's your story?" I ask

We are sitting at the kitchen table, eating some pancakes that Kai made.

"What?" He asks, stuffing his mouth with food.

"I told you my story, so what's yours? How are you here?"

"Um... my family was massacred and I was the only one who survived."

"Oh my god. That's terrible, Kai."

"My dad thought it was me, since I was the only surviver, and banished me to this world"

"I'm so sorry that happened." I sympathized.

"It's ok, it was a long time ago. I'm over it."

We finish eating and I wash the dishes.

"I need to buy some clothes, since I didn't exactly bring any." I say.

"Then let's go get some!" Kai acts excited, but so know he's not. Ever since he figured out I didn't have my magic, his mood has been off.

Kai drives to The Mall of America. This is actually my first time every being here. I know, alive for 500 years and never went to visit the biggest Mall in the U.S? I guess I was too busy running from Klaus.

"I'll wait here," Kai says as he sits down at a bench, "while you get what you need."

"Are you sure? Aren't you going to be bored?" I ask.

"You'll take like 1 minute, with vamp-speed."

"Fine."

I sigh, and vamp-speed from store to store. I steal bags from behind the store's main desks to help me carry everything. Then, it became too much. I drop off seven with Kai.

"Are you done?" He asks, as I set the bags at his feet.

"Yeah, with the first floor." I laugh.

— —

I unpack all of my clothes and other things into my room. The closet hardly fits all of it.

I'm not sure what to do about Kai. It seems that he has gotten worse since the Mall. It's making me mad. He could've had fun with me, but he decided to be a grump.

I pull my curly dark hair into a pony, leaving my room to go downstairs. I can't find Kai anywhere. Where would he go without telling me?

I mean he could've gone to get groceries or something. I check the fridge. It's full. Hm. Well, we don't need groceries.

I make a sandwich and take a bite as I walk outside the house. I walk around to the side of it where Kai usually parks his car, the red sports car is gone.

I can only think of one thing, I tried to keep the thought out. I walk back inside, finishing my sandwich on the couch.

Did he find a way out and leave without me? I mean he probably thinks i'm a physcopath-I really might be-because I killed my parents one by one and toyed with an innocent man.

I'll just wait until midnight. He'll surely be back by then, unless he isn't here at all.

What to do?The world is my oyster. I can do anything.

I've been out of the country, only a couple times at my attempts to escape Klaus. But I've never been anywhere nice. I want to go to Paris, and many other places on my bucket list. Paris would be no fun alone-

My thoughts are interrupted by Kai walking in. The front door was positioned in a spot directly across from the living room so we could both see each other easily.

I get up and angrily stomp over to Kai, lightly shoving him.

"Kai! I thought you left without me!" I yell.

Kai puts his hand to his heart.

"Wow I'm truly offended that you'd think that low of me, Stel." He says.

I cross my arms. "Then what were you doing?" I ask.

I study him. I don't notice anything different.

"Testing a theory." He claims.

"So you were going to leave without me!" I yell, shoving him slightly again.

"No! I was going to tell you if it worked, but if it didn't, I didn't want to get your hopes up." Kai sighs. "And what do you know, it didn't."

"Oh." I look at the ceiling in thought. "How sweet of you Kai Parker."

"Yeah, yeah." Kai walks over to the fridge.

"So I was thinking...Europe?" I suggest excitedly.

"I'm down." Kai says, pulling out a bag of pork rinds from a cabinet.

"Let's go!"

A/N:
-Picture at the top is Stella!
-Sorry this chapter is so short!
-Next chapter is coming soon!