Chapter Twenty-One

I wake up, not even aware that I passed out. I'm on a couch, Klaus'. Where's Katherine? I sit up, starting to panic, when I see Klaus coming my way. I stand up aggressively and he comes up to me.

"Stella-"

"That was all your fault! You did that to me- to us!" I slap him across the face, anger burning at the memory of the torture.

"I didn't know-"

"That was the worst experience of MY LIFE!" I sob.

"Stella, I saved you." He steps toward me but I back up.

"Where's Katherine?" I ask, trying to calm down and focus. I wipe my tears away, crossing my arms due to the cold. Klaus never even got me a shirt after Wes took my old one.

"Stella..." He hesitates.

"WHERE is she?!" I yell louder.

"She's fine." Klaus avoids my eyes.

"You didn't answer my question."

"She's upstairs."

I immediately vamp-speed up to his bedroom, and there she is, sound asleep on his bed. I steal one of Klaus' shirts and put it on before getting into the bed next to Katherine. As her head rests in my lap, I just hope she's okay.

"I told you, she's fine."

I look up to Klaus standing in the doorway, and then look back down at Katherine, ignoring him.

She slowly starts to open her eyes and blinks rapidly, finding mine.

"Stella?"

I nod. "Do you feel okay?"

She sits up, looking at Klaus and then back to me.

"I-I'm fine."

She turns to me, pulling me into a hug. "Are we safe?" She asks me in a whisper.

"I hope so." I whisper back, looking up at Klaus who's still watching us.

She pulls away and I get up, walking towards the door as Katherine follows me. As soon as I try to get past Klaus he puts his hand out to block me.

"Klaus, the least you could do after you pretty much just sent us to HELL, is let us go home." I glare into his eyes.

He drops his hand, looking to the floor as me and Katherine walk past him.

"I'm gonna need my shirt back." He calls after me.

"Well that's not gonna happen!" I say back, continuing downstairs.

Klaus doesn't respond, accepting defeat.

"We probably shouldn't go back to the hotel room." I say.

"But where else is there to go?" Kat asks.

"I think I have an idea."

— —

"The Salvatore's?!" Katherine shouts as we walk up to the door.

"I texted Stefan and he's fine letting us stay here for a bit." I inform her.

"What about Damon. He literally tortured you like last week."

"Stefan also said that Damon was over that. He won't hurt me."

Katherine tilts her head and worry forms onto her face.

"Would you rather be here or in Klaus' basement? Cuz it's one of the other."

"Fine." She knocks on the door.