"She's lucky to have you."I commented admiring their bond.

"I'm lucky to have her, before Salome my mom was my only female companion but ever since we met she's become my best friend, my sister and my confidant. She's the sister I always wanted."Diana explained with a smile.

Before I could comment, our food arrived and you could see the gleam in Diana's eyes when she saw what I'd ordered. I'd ordered fries and onion rings topped with a lot of meat, onion dip, guacamole and milkshakes.

"Dig in."I said not like Diana needed my permission anyway.

I liked the fact that Diana was not afraid of being herself around me. She didn't try to be perfect to impress me or pretend to be someone she wasn't. She was genuine, full of life and the kind of person I saw myself growing old with.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"Diana asked looking up at me.

"Just admiring perfection."I replied.

She really tried to hide it but I didn't miss the flutter in her eye lashes and the biting of her lip as she tried not to blush. One of the perks of complimenting her was watching how my words affected her.

"You need to read the definition of perfection in the dictionary because this is not it."Diana replied motioning to herself.

"I don't know what dictionary you've been reading but the one I have has a picture of you right below the definition."I replied and Diana snorted making me laugh.

"Real corny Kareem now shut up and eat your food."She demanded.

"Yes ma'am."I said doing as she asked but it didn't mean I stopped admiring her.

After we were done eating Diana and I got back into the car and drove to the movie theater. It didn't take long before we were in line waiting to pay for the tickets.

"Are you full or do you want something else?"I asked Diana.

"Popcorn, crisps and soda."She replied.

"Damn girl, where are you gonna put all that?"I inquired in surprise.

"Don't judge me, it's my cheat day. I'm going all out."Diana retorted.

"As long as you don't get sick."I said in conclusion.

When it was my turn I paid for the tickets and whatever Diana had requested.

"I expected a lot more people."Diana commented when we walked into the theatre.

We found the perfect seats away from every one else but still close enough to the big screen to have a good experience.

"It's a local film, people prefer watching a big box office movie as compared to supporting local talent."I replied.

"That's the sad truth. If the entertainment industry in Kenya got the right kind of support from Kenyans then it would be so far, we'd probably even give Nollywood a run for their money."Diana expressed thoughtfully.

She was right, Kenyans didn't like supporting the local entertainment industry and that was just sad. The movie we were watching was Bangarang. I didn't know what it was about yet but I'd heard good things from those who had already watched it.

"You okay?"I asked Diana just before the movie started.

"Yeah I'm great, you?"

"Never better."I replied and just because I could and to mess with Diana I leaned in and kissed her cheek

Like I had expected she blushed, fluttering her eyelashes as she bit her lip.

The movie started soon after and I didn't have more time to tease Diana. The lights dimmed so I relaxed back into my seat one of my hands going over the back of Diana's seat. Diana was kind enough to share her snacks because the movie was really long and she would not have been able to finish everything on her own.

Made To Believe ✔️ On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara