I snorted - it sounded like a cough mixed with a failed sneeze.

"You're a creep. And yes, I do want to leave."

Luka nodded, "understandable."

"So you admit you're a creep?" I scoffed.

"I admit that I crossed a lot of lines with you. And I regret it," Luka paused.

"Crossed lines?" I scoffed, "That's an understatement. You tricked me and forced yourself on me! Then you hurt my Felix. You're the reason Felix accidentally punched me. So, I'm glad you at least regret it."

"Don't worry. I won't ask you to forgive me."

"Good," I seethed, "I don't plan to."

Luka's lips tilted into a crooked grin - he looked pleased - as if I'd just told him I'd forgiven him. His joyed expression was unjustified and I found it rather annoying. What did he not understand about:

I. Don't. Forgive. You.

"So annoying," I muttered.

"Where would you like me to take you?" Luka asked, rising from the bed.

"I don't know. Let me think."

"Your parents?"

"Absolutely not! They can't see me like this!"

"Okay. Okay. Didn't mean to upset you."

My knees began shaking as my legs grew excessively weak. I must have been standing too long.

"Just take me to Alya's. I'll have to sneak in. As long as her parents don't know I'm there, it should be fine."

Luka nodded, "Alright."

I followed Luka out the bedroom door and into the main area of his apartment. It was small - the kitchen and living room basically married together with the only separation being the tan carpet that ended right wear the kitchen began. The walls were plastered with framed records, a painting of Nashville, dented guitars, and Jaggid Stone posters. This place really wasn't decorated well - but at least it was clean. In the "living room" was a leather black coach that made a L shape in front of a large TV. Well, at least Luka was a little more normal than Felix who didn't even own a TV.

Right before we made it to the front door, my vision blurred. I closed my eyes for only a second - to blink away the specks. That was when my body hit the tile.

———————————

My head throbbed as I attempted to open my eyes. Where was I? My body was enveloped in soft warmth and my head was on a pillow. What had happened to me? Last thing I remembered Luka and I were on our way to Alya's house.

I must have passed out...which means I must still be at Luka's house.

The hanging pieces of ripped paper confirmed my suspicions. I tried to sit up but my body refused. At the edge of the bed sat a concerned looking Luka.

"Drink some water," Luka said, pressing a plastic bottle to my lips. Half of the water drained down my throat while the other half streamed out of my mouth and down my chin. Luka wiped it away with a paper towel, he had wadded up in his palm.

"Sorry," I coughed.

"Don't be sorry. Try to drink it slowly."

I nodded and followed suit.

"Did I faint?" I questioned.

"Yeah. You were behind me. I didn't expect it..." Luka said, clenching a fist in his lap. Clearly, he felt guilty that I had landed.