The One Where Hyunjin Drives

"COUNTRY ROADS~"

"TAKE ME HOME~"

"TO THE PLACE~"

"Oh my god please shut the fuck up," Changbin whined, gesturing to the two Australians who were belting out songs since they left the camp.

"You're just moody because you didn't get any sleep," Jeongin said, sticking his tongue out in mocking.

"Well, Cabbage, how could I sleep when there was a volcano erupting next to my ear THE WHOLE NIGHT??"

"I DON'T SNORE THAT LOUDLY!"

"YES YOU DO!"

"Well how did Chan and Felix sleep through it then? HUH?"

"They sleep like corpses!!!"

"Enough enough enough!" Hyunjin begged while trying to separate the two. "Mosquito just catch some rest. Jeongin, see a doctor for your snoring already it's getting out of hand."

"Badger?"

Hyunjin whipped his head to look at Seungmin. "Yeah?"

"You said you wanted to learn to drive."

"Oh my god yes!! Please!"

Seungmin stopped the car and got out of the driver's seat, walking around the front of the car to Hyunjin's door on the passenger side. "Out you get, in the driver's seat."

Hyunjin shakily stepped out the car and walked around, seating himself behind the wheel and keeping his hands away from everything.

"Hands on the wheel at 10 and 2."

Hyunjin did as told, being suddenly extremely nervous, disliking the amount of control and responsibility he now had.

"Its an automatic so this isn't going to be too difficult. This foot," Seungmin tapped his leg. "On that pedal. Never move it from there. That's where it lives, because that's the brake. Okay?"

"Okay.."

"This foot," Seungmin tapped his other leg. "Goes on this pedal here. That's the accelerator."

"Right."

"Down here are the gears," Seungmin gestured to the part of the console that was between his right knee and Hyunjin's left. "D is for drive. P is park. N is neutral. R is reverse."

"Mhm."

"Press drive."

Hyunjin did.

"Now very very very gently push down on the accelerator and do not turn the steering wheel onto the road, just drive here next to it so we don't get killed."

"That's not very comforting Buddha," Changbin called from the seat behind them. "Look at him, he's terrified."

"Good. I would be concerned if you were relaxed," he looked at Hyunjin with a 'you've got this but don't fuck up' look.

Hyunjin nodded but his eyes were deceiving him; he was shit scared despite his previous eagerness.

"Go go go, we've got places to be babe," Seungmin's voice was calm and patient and encouraging.

Hyunjin gripped the wheel tight, aligning his hands perfectly with more precision than necessary. Very gently, he pressed down on the accelerator and the car started moving. Everyone in the back had their seatbelts on, and those who were awake were holding on to anything they could find, leaving the sleeping ones to continue sleeping.

"There you go, go a little bit faster."

"Nah that's okay," Hyunjin's voice came through shaky.

Seungmin laughed. "A little faster couldn't hurt. We're not even on the road."

Hyunjin nodded and pressed down, this time too hard, making the car lurch forward and everyone be pressed flat against their seats.

"SLOW DOWN SLOW DOWN"

"THIS WAS A BAD IDEA"

"YOU'RE GONNA GET US ALL KILLED"

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP THE FUCKING CAR"

All the yelling made Hyunjin panic and he somehow couldn't remember how to stop or even just slow down. Just when he started becoming convinced they'd all die at his hands, Seungmin's giggling broke through his thoughts.

"Slow down there buster," he was laughing lightly, watching Hyunjin. Absolutely calm other than his shoulders jumping when he laughed.

"MIN!"

Seungmin folded forward in laughter at his cry for help, tears in his eyes now. "Just- You can- Just hit the brake Badger."

Hyunjin immediately slammed on the brakes, making everyone fall forward against their seatbelts, the car swinging side to side for two seconds before coming to a complete stop.

Everyone was silent, other than their heavy breathing and audible pounding hearts. Seungmin was still folded and seemingly completely still. Hyunjin reached over and shook him gently, receiving no response.

"Buddha?"

"What's wrong?" Minho asked, voice high pitched with concern.

"M-Min?" Hyunjin was too afraid to make him sit up, too afraid of what he might see.

"Hyunjin... Hyunjin sit him up."

Changbin's voice was distant and the boy ignored him. He reached out a shaking hand and ran it through the hair on the back of Seungmin's head, then through the hair on the front. "Min sit up."

Chan opened his door and leapt out of the car, running around to the passenger side and pulling the door open with such force it nearly tore off its hinges. He was met with the scene of Hyunjin removing his hand from Seungmin's hair, covered in blood.

//END OF BOOK ONE//