The One Where He Snaps

Once it was time for most of the group to go to school, Changbin had stayed behind with Jisung, who was disappointed that Minho and Seungmin had to leave right after saying hi.

"Am I not important enough? Do I not deserve my fair hour of company? Is Minho not living in this hospital? Why does he have to leave where did he go?  And Seungmin has no excuse either."

Changbin chuckled at Jisung's behaviour. "Seungmin managed to convince Mystery to go shower, and hopefully take a nap in a real bed."

"How did he get that right? Minho is the most stubborn old man ever."

"You know what? I'd like to know too. They've been weird with each other all morning. I wonder if there's romance in the air.."

"Nah Minho wouldn't cheat on Hyunjin."

"About that.."

Jisung raised an eyebrow in interest. "Spill."

"Hyunho had a huge fight last night apparently, I still don't know what it was about. But I think it was bad enough for them to break up. And on top of that, this morning Minho told Chan that he might have a crush on Buddha.."

"Processing.." Jisung stared straight ahead. "Still processing.." Changbin was laughing at him but didn't interrupt. "It appears there's been some sort of error loading this information. Jisung.exe has crashed."

Changbin wheezed at the last part, making Jisung laugh too. 

"You mean to say it's possible that there aren't any couples?"

"A-About that.."

"Oh god what now?"

"Firstly, Chan and Jeongin confessed to each other but have decided not to date until the cabbage is all grown.. just buffer over that for a second."

Jisung did indeed need a moment, but soon gave a nod as a gesture to say that Changbin may continue.

"Secondly, Felix and I are.. we're going out sometime.. like a date.."

Jisung started punching the air aggressively, but with a smile. "YES do you have any idea how long he's been wanting you to ask him out? Thank god I don't have to hear him complain about it anymore."

"Why didn't you tell me??"

"What kind of friend would do that??"

"A friend that's on my side!"

"I'm on the side of Changlix."

"Lowkey appreciated."

"Of course."

They continued chatting, mostly gossiping, for hours and hours, never once running out of conversation. Each individual in the friend group could easily spend an entire day with any of the others and this was proof. They fit with each other like peas and carrots, each of them made of seven pieces that perfectly fit into the others. One big puzzle that made a beautiful picture of Home.

-

"The tree is still dying.." Jeongin pointed out immediately.

"At least its not dead.. maybe it'll make it," Chan spoke as he wrapped an arm around the youngest. 

"You guys, let's focus on the fact that we just got detention for two weeks! For being late because of a very important hospital visit! Do adults have no compassion?!" Felix raged, loudly.

"How important is that in the midst of everything else?"

"Well Chan," Felix responded with attitude. "When Jisung gets out, where will we have time to celebrate? That's even if our parents let us out the house at all after they find out.. oh dear god.."