The One Where He Slips

Felix explained everything to Jisung, with Seungmin and Jeongin as back up.

At first they couldn't read his reaction, his face seemed to be both neutral and horrified at the same time. In truth, he felt so shit about it all. Jisung himself was a closeted gay, and it hurt him to hear about Minho being bullied. He felt the need to make sure Minho was doing alright.

Eventually he spoke up. "Where's Minho now?"

"In the music room probably that's where he usually is," Jeongin replied.

"I'm going to go speak to him," Jisung said, turning around and walking away without explaining further.

"Oh i hope they survive this because if eith-"

Felix was interrupted by a teacher calling his name.

"LEE FELIX! MY OFFICE, NOW!"

"Good morning to you too sir, how have I sinned today?"

"SPACE BROWNIES FELIX? REALLY?"

Felix's face fell in realization while Seungmin and Jeongin laughed quietly on the sidelines.

Felix ended up getting suspended for a week.

-

Jisung walked to the music room with determination, but began regretting his decision the closer he got. Why do I even care? He's not my friend. I don't know him. Why am I doing this?

He opened the door to the music room, his eyes immediately falling on an ethereal looking Minho sitting in front of a piano, staring at the keys. The sun seemed to hit him at the perfect angle to accentuate his features, despite the room only having one window.

Jisung walked right up to him and stood watching as Minho scaled his fingers over the keys, not even noticing Jisung's presence.

Jisung promptly sat himself on the piano chair right beside Minho, forcing him to not only notice Jisung but to scoot over a little.

Minho stared at the boy now, very confused.
"Uhm do you want to play?" he asked, gesturing to the piano.

"Can't"

".. Okay"

"You good?"

"Yeah I am, w-what about you?" Minho was beyond befuddled at the situation, causing him to stutter.

"No really."

"... Hmm?"

"You good?"

"I mean yeah dude. Had an issue with some idiot earlier but I came here to clear my head and I'm fine now."

"Kay," Jisung said nodding, now also staring at the keys.

"A-and you? H-how are you?"

"Yep"

Jisung lifted his hands onto the keys, Minho watched still very confused but now intrigued.

He pressed a key, and held it in. Then looked at Minho expectantly.

Minho just looked right back at him.

Jisung turned back to the piano, selecting a different key, holding it down and looking back at Minho.

Minho suddenly understood. He slowly parted his lips and sang to match the note.

Jisung gave a nod and turned to the piano to press another higher key.

Minho matched the note.

They did this a few times until Minho spoke up.

"What are we doing?"