The One With God

It was the Monday after the sleepover and everyone was at school, except Felix who was suffering through his suspension.

The boys were sat in their literature class. The teacher had announced that they'd be doing an unprepared debate that day.

The class had to separate into 2 teams. Jisung and Minho found themselves on opposite sides, which Jisung was grateful for.

"Alright. Now I want each team to nominate the opposite team's leader," the teacher said.

A smirk grew on Minho's face. He pointed at Jisung. "You."

"Uhm dude, you can't decide that on your own. Let your teammates have a say too," Jisung said rolling his eyes.

Minho looked at his team members, which consisted of his fangirls for the most part. He raised his eyebrows as though to ask if they have any objections. When they didn't respond, he looked back at Jisung. "They think you'll make an excellent group leader."

Jisung was struck dumb. There's no way he'd let Minho get away with that. No. Way.

He abruptly stood up from his seat, his chair skidding backwards loudly. "Lee Minho," he said, pointing at the other.

"Yeah?"

"You're the leader for your team."

Minho smiled. "Great!"

Jisung felt defeated. He didn't want Minho to smile and be happy about it, he wanted him to hate it.

Unfortunately for Jisung, this was Minho's plan. He wanted them to be the leaders so that he'd have to debate with Jisung directly. Come on Decaf, we need to get used to each other if we're gonna have the same friends.

"Alright class. The topic is very very open ended. One team will argue for religion, any religion. And the other team will argue atheism. I want drama let's go."

Minho's team would argue religion in general, not a specific one, and Jisung's team would argue atheism.

The two boys threw gentle arguments back and forth, remaining professional as possible. The other members of both teams remained silent, quietly enjoying the display of tension between the two.

Eventually, Minho got tired of it. He had wanted to extract emotion from Jisung but failed. He was being too professional, it bored Minho.

And so he decided to pull out his winning argument.

"Jisung. Have you ever heard of the theory of general relativity?"

"Ye-"

"It's what Einstein is famous for. In his calculations, he started to realize that the universe was not eternal. It had a beginning."

"Yes I know, where are you going with thi-"

"Now this leads us to the law of causality. Everything that came to be, needs a cause. So Einstein clearly knew that if the universe had a beginning, it needed a cause. Let's go to the Big Bang Theory."

Jisung sighed in frustration, Minho wasn't letting him get a word in.

"There was no space, no time and no matter before the Big Bang. The universe emerged out of nothingness. What does that mean? Since it's impossible for the universe to be able to create itself, because, it didn't exist in order to be able to create itself, nature and the universe was just a big effect. That was caused by...? What are we left with? An extremely powerful, extremely intelligent, precise, personal entity that is capable of existing outside of time, space and matter. That can't be anything but God."

By the end of Minho's argument, Jisung was speechless, unable to argue back. He just froze with his mouth open, hoping words would fall out. Eventually Jeongin pulled him into his seat. "It's okay dude, you'll get him next time."

The teacher announced Minho's team as the winners and dismissed the class. Minho packed up his things and walked to Jisung's desk. Jisung immediately turned to him with angry eyes, glaring at him.

"By the way, I don't believe in anything I just said. I just felt like winning a debate today."

Jisung was just getting more pissed off with this creature.

"Well then, in a way, you also kind of lost the debate."

Minho raised an eyebrow while he thought about it. Jisung was right. "I guess i did."

"So what do you believe in?"

"I don't," Was all Minho said before walking away and leaving the classroom.