Chapter 28

Gun brings his arm up, hand balled into a fist, and he knocks. But instead of a response he wanted, the door pushes open, indicating it wasn't locked.

What the fuck?

If there was one thing Gun knew about the Adulkittiporns, it was the fact they very much cared about safety. They would never leave their front door unlocked and even if it was probably because they forgot it, that alone worried him inside out already.

He checked around the door, finding for any suspicious things. To calm his anxiety, nothing was out of the ordinary. Taking a deep breath, Gun pushes the door wide open. There was nothing out of the ordinary or nothing that seemed... dangerous.

He steps into the house, closing—and making sure to lock—the door behind him.

"Mae? Por?" He called out, just in case Off's parents were present. But still, no response from no one. Gun sighs. "Off?" He tries. Suddenly, Gun hears a bunch of shuffling and he obviously panics.

Oh my God. What the hell do I do? Is there someone in the house?

Without thinking much, Gun runs out of the house as he hurriedly opened his bag to look for his phone. He gets his phone out and calls the first person he could think of, Off. Probably not the best time because, well, they're not in good conditions but the fact that there could be a burglar inside his best friend's place is a good enough reason.

"Off!" Gun exclaims when his friend finally picked up the call. "Oh my God, where are you?!"

"H-Huh?" Off let out. He sounded more shocked than Gun and the small male doesn't know if he should be glad or not. "I-I'm... uh, why are you asking?" He asked. Gun's lips fall into a thin line and he scans the window of Off's room, worried.

"Um... I don't know how to tell you this but," Gun pauses, still looking at the window. He's pretty freaking sure he can see a shadow on the wall.

Who the hell...

"But...?" Off asked. He sounded like he was getting worried, too. Gun takes a deep breath and finally answers him.

"I think there's a thief going around your room and house..." Gun says. There was silence in the other line and he wonders if it was too much of a shock that Off became speechless. "Off? Are you okay?" He asked.

Oh, yeah. He's sick!

It worried him that Off didn't respond to his question, but he was more worried about his whereabouts now. Walking away from Off's house, he asks Off another question. "Where are you, by the way? Tay told me you had a fever."

He finally received a response from the other line, a chuckle from Off. "And you went over to my house because...?" Off asked. Gun felt heat rush to his cheeks at his question, only just realizing his past actions.

"I... It's not like I was worried about you, okay? I just wanted to check on you." Gun replied. He hears another laugh from the other boy and he can't stop himself from blushing even more, stopping in his tracks.

"You do know that wanting to check up on me means you are worried about me, right?" Off remarks and Gun wants to slap himself because he can already imagine Off's annoying smirk.

"J-Just shut up... when are you gonna tell me where you are?" Gun questions, trying to change the topic. He was too flustered to continue saying dumb shit to Off. Instead of an answer, Off goes quiet again and it was honestly starting to annoy Gun. "Off Jumpol... I'm going to ask you one last time and you better answer me. Where. Are. Y–"

"Nong Gun!" He heard someone call out, causing him to yelp in surprise before turning back to see who called him.

"Eh? P'Tay? What are you doing here?" Gun asked. "I thought you were still at campus..."