Chapter 21

New looks at Gun, panic all over his face. "Why are they together?!"

Gun mouth was hung open, unable to register the fact his two childhood best friends were walking out of the building hand in hand.

Wait, no... they do that all the time!

"Gun... why are they togeth–"

"How am I supposed to know!?" Gun exclaims, cutting New off as he turns to him. "I... they probably talked today because... oh, yeah! Th-They have 2 classes together... yeah! He's probably jus–"

"I just saw Mild give Off a kiss on the cheek,"

"WHAT!?" Gun screams, standing up from his chair and looking back at his best friends. Mild now had her arms hooked around Off's as she smiled brightly, but what caught Gun's attention was the fact that Off was smiling and blushing. "Oh, my God."

"Gun..." New mutters, frowning slightly at the sight. "Gun, are you okay?" He watches as the younger male slowly looks away from the pair, sitting down and staring at nothingness. "Gun..." New tries again.

The latter sighs then laughs, making New confused. "I..." he hears Gun utter. Gun takes his phone and dials Off's number, looking at his best friends once again. They were still together, it looked like they were waiting for something. He watches as Off realizes his phone's ringing, as he takes it out, looks at the contact name—probably—before declining the call.

Beside him, New sighs. "Gun, don't do that."

"W-Why?" Gun lets his arms fall to his sides, deeply frowning.

"Why...?" New copies Gun, confused. "Why what? Gun, are you okay?"

"I thought you said he likes me, Newwie... what's–" Gun chokes, pointing at Off and Mild, "What are they doing together, then?"

New bites his cheeks. His eyes widen when he notices Gun crying, making him panic. "Hey, hey, hey! Why are you crying? D-Don't tell me you like Off, too! Gun!" New shakes him and makes Gun look at him weakly.

"I... No... I don't like Off..."

"Then why are you crying?"

"I don't... I'm not crying." Gun says, looking at New straight in the eyes. His friend lets go of his shoulder and takes his wrist, bringing it up, forcing him to touch his tear-filled face. New watches as Gun aggressively wipes all his tears away, scrunching his face slightly.

"So, your eyes are just sweating? Huh?" New asks, letting go of his wrist. "Look, calm down. Let's... I'll take you home, okay? Take a rest for the rest of the day."

Gun doesn't reply, just nods. New takes it as an okay sign and grabs their things on the table before leaving, making sure Gun didn't look back at the couple who were still in front of the building.

"How about this... let's have a sleepover at your place?" New suggests as they walked to the male's car. Gun, who was holding tightly onto his friend's hand, just nods once again, making New smile. "Okay! Will your grandmother mind? That you're skipping and all?"

"No..." Gun mutters out and New says okay before they finally reach his car.

"Do you want to buy something? At the convenience store,... snacks? Or do you want more company? I can invite Tay!" New exclaims as he opens the passenger door for Gun. The younger male gets in the car and New closes it, quickly going to the other side and entering the vehicle.

"We can... invite P'Tay." Gun says, looking down on his lap.

New's gaze softened.

He must be extremely confused right now. Should I explain the situation to Tay or just ask him for a sleepover?