Chapter 20

After much reluctance from Gun, Off finally manages to bring the both of them to the closest park from their campus.

"We're here!" Off says, taking his helmet off and turning to Gun with his hands out.

Gun does the same, removes his helmet, and gives it to the taller male.

"You know I was just joking..." Gun mutters out as he watches Off put both headgears in the trunk.

"Well, I wasn't." Off says, making Gun confused.

"Wasn't what?"

"Wasn't joking."

What the heck?

"Joking about...?" Gun asks, trying to make Off give him some freaking context.

The latter looks at him, closing the trunk. He sighs and shakes his head. "Nothing. Let's go, it's perfect for stargazing now since no one's around to disturb us."

With that, Off walks away first, with Gun following him with his eyes. He sighs, but goes after his best friend anyways. The smaller one looks at Off, not so subtly looking at all his features.

Gun notices he looks... upset, in a way, but doesn't speak up on it. Off tries to calm himself down, trying not to look in Gun's way as he feels the younger male burning holes through his cheek.

They finally reach a decent spot at the park, somewhere near the middle of it. Off stops walking and stretches his arms and says, "Is this spot okay for you?"

Gun looks at the grass below their feet, then at the sky above, and nods, "Actually, any spot works. We could've been all the way there," Gun points at the area near the park's exit, "for all that it mattered."

"Mm, true," Off agrees and lays down on the grass, looking up when Gun doesn't do the same. "Are you gonna sit down?" Gun doesn't move, not an inch, and Off almost frowns.

Does he not want to do this that much?

The older one sighs, sits up, and offers his hand to Gun, making the smaller male raise an eyebrow and ask, "What?"

"Hold my hand,"

"Off, you hate holding hands... at least with everyone except Mil–"

"Can you not talk about her at least ONCE?!" Off snaps. Gun's eyes widen in shock and he stumbles back a bit, confusion and frustration all over his face.

He scoffs, stepping closer to Off and slapping his hand away, "How... how could you say that!? DON'T YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION ALREADY!?" Gun exclaims. "Because I do, Off. I'm sick and tired of having to pretend we're together, and for what? for the fucking public?–"

Off stands up and walks back slightly, "I never did what I did because of our stupid fan clubs, Gun."

"THEN WHY?! I've been trying to get you- US to talk to Mild, so we can finally get this shit over with, b-but you're always making up excuses... HECK! Not even excuses, you just drag me out of the situation and run away!" Gun shouts, gripping on his sweater. "I-I don't understand. I thought you wanted to get this over with as well? What the hell happened?"

Gun finishes, panting slightly. His eyebrows come together once more when Off doesn't reply, only standing there like a freaking moron.

"So? SAY SOMETHING!" Gun crosses his arms across his chest and takes a step closer to Off, frowning. "Explain why... why you've been running away from Mild..."

Off doesn't respond again, only looking away, and Gun notices how clenched his best friend's jaws were - it almost scared him. Instead, he sighs and finally sits on the grass, supporting himself with his hands on the grass, beside Off's legs.