Prologue

I looked in the mirror giving myself approval. I had finally lost the 35 pounds I gained freshman and sophomore year. That weight looked horrendous on my small frame. I was only 5'2 and I was finally back to 130 pounds. Well 129 according to my scale.

The muscles in my legs were back, my arms were toned again, and overall I looked happy.

I got into a relationship my freshman year of college. My two best friends were so disappointed in me. We had planned to have the time of our lives since we all got into the University of Alabama and loved football. I met Jordan a month after classes started. He was charming, tall, and a Junior—everything I could've wished for. At least I thought so. I should've known that someone who had been around campus for 2 years had a reputation.

Jordan is my ex boyfriend. He occupied all of my time the last two years; I barely saw my friends, and I was only allowed to go to the party's he attended. I was even dumb enough to lose my virginity to him.

He was verbally abusive and sometimes... physical. But wait, there's more. The entire two years of our relationship I had to deal with his ex girlfriend, Karlie. His ex that he clearly still loved and clearly still was sleeping with.

I began to eat my problems away, I barely saw the gym because Jordan didn't want me to be around other guys, and gyms were always filled with men. The weight came fast and by sophomore year I barely recognized myself. He even made sure to let me know how big I had gotten. I was at my lowest and all I wanted was my dad. I only got to see him on holidays, I didn't even go home during the summer because I was so caught up in that stupid relationship.

At the end of sophomore year, I lied to Jordan about my exam dates and had my dad pick me up when there was one week of classes left. I broke up with him and he was pissed, but it only took a few days for the texts to die down.

Two years. Two years wasted and it only took him 3 days to stop texting me. I don't know if I was hurt or grateful. I guess I was expecting some type of reasoning as to why he treated me the way he did, but he didn't. Now here I am, a broken girl who desperately needs some type of closure.

I told my dad everything. I cried on his shoulder and slept my first week of summer away, until one morning my dad came into my room at 5am with music blasting through his speakers with a pair of tennis shoes in hand.

"Get up. We're going to the gym." He demanded opening up the blinds in my room. And from that day forward I was in the gym, eating better, feeling better, and enjoying summer with my favorite person.

My mom abandoned my dad and I when I was 3 years old. Although he was heartbroken, he remained positive and provided me with a comfortable life. I had everything I needed, and wanted, plus more. My dad was a Doctor, he had a busy schedule but he always made time for me. He treated me like a princess. Which is why I don't know how I let Jordan treat me like absolute shit.

I checked into campus early this year. I left Nashville a week ago and my dad helped me move into a newly renovated studio apartment near campus. It was the perfect space for my small furniture. The bathroom was beautiful and there was even a nice corner space with amazing lighting for me to paint. I loved to paint; I didn't do much of it while I was with Jordan, but that also changed over summer.

The apartment had new wooden floors, crisp white walls and new windows. The appliances were also new and went perfectly with the rest of the interior.

I even had a big mirror by my bed that I continued to admire myself in.

I am now a junior. I was newly single. I still had amazing friends and I was going to enjoy this year.