Chapter 32

My messages to Cade have gone unanswered

The festivities on campus have slowed down and I have a bickering Jett and Morgan beside me along with a few others from the team.

"You guys act like an old married couple." Rosalie mumbles.

"She wishes she could marry me." Jett says with a grin.

Morgan scrunched her nose in disgust. "I don't date guys younger than me."

"So you admit you date guys."

"Yes dipshit. That's what bisexual is." Morgan rolled her eyes.

"Children, please!" I beg. They have been going at it nonstop since they met at the party. Morgan seems extremely aggravated every time she's around him while Jett is enjoying every second of it.

"He's such a little boy." Morgan says rolling her eyes.

"He's just a year below us." Chloé pointed out with a smirk. Morgan has been with plenty of girls, and her only relationship that was with a guy was in high school. That didn't last long because she didn't want to have sex, hence why she's hooked up with a bunch of girls and not many guys. One of Morgan's "rules" though is that she won't date a guy younger than her.

I watch as Jett towers over Morgan with a smug smirk. He lowers his lips to her ear. "There's nothing little about me, sweetheart." Lucille and I raise an eyebrow right along with Rosalie and Chloé. Morgan's body tenses and I swear I see goosebumps crawl down her tan skin.

She quickly masks it and a look of disgust takes over her features. She shoves him, creating space between them. "I just threw up in my mouth." She faked a gag before turning on her heels.

"Ouch." Parker said slapping Jett playfully on his shoulder and we all laugh.

I look at my surroundings for what seems like the one hundredth time, but there's still no sign of Cade. I sigh in disappointment as I look at our message thread again.

We have started making our way to the parking lot when Jett comes up beside me. "Check the football field. He usually overworks himself when he's not satisfied with a win."

I silently thank him as I get in my car and head towards the stadium.

****

The late October air is getting chilly. The cool air whips my hair around and seeps through my sweater as I walk into the field.

Lo and behold there he is doing drills with the football equipment out. I watch as the muscles in his huge thighs flex. His shirt stretches across his back muscles and I can't help but to check him out as I near him.

I decide to speak so I don't startle him. "It's nice to know you're ignoring me for football and not for a hot girl."

His beautiful green eyes widen slightly as he removed his AirPods. He jogs over to me as I smile up at him. Seeing him in person is much better than having to see him through a phone these last few days. "Hi stranger." I teased again. His cheeks are slightly flushed and his hair is messy, yet he still looks perfect.