Chapter 44

THE RIOT
PART TWO

TW - swearing, murder

TUBBO POV -

I was in shock.
I'd been casually eating my lunch, thinking about Ranboo and how much fun he must be having down on Earth, seeing all the cool sights and the humans and stuff.

Then Valkyrae had come running in, crying and yelling.

Within minutes everybody knew.

Karl, Sapnap and Quackity were dead.

I just couldn't believe it, it was crazy. I mean, I'd been friends with all three of them and now they were gone.

The part that made me the most uneasy was the fact that Ranboo was in on all of it. Ranboo was down there at that moment with Corpse and Technoblade. Was Ranboo killing people too? Was my soulmate going to be a murderer? Was Techno going to kill people? Was my brother going to be a murderer?

I sat in the back corner table of the cafeteria, letting thoughts overcome my mind. Everyone else was yelling and screaming and crying. The room was in complete and utter chaos. It seemed that I was the only one who noticed when XD walked in, his forest green cloak trailing behind him, his golden mask covering the face that no one had ever seen.

I shrunk further into the corner when I saw him, XD had always scared me, ever since I could remember and the fact that he had something against my soulmate didn't give me any reasons to like him at all. I watched as XD made his way through the crowd towards where Rae was sobbing into Antfrost's shoulder.

After a moment, he spoke, causing everyone in the room to fall silent.
"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!"

Everyone turned to face XD. For a full minute no one spoke. No one dared speak out against the all powerful being before us. But then, for some reason, maybe she had a death wish, Rae broke from the crowd.
"YOU COMMISSIONED CORPSE TO KILL THEM!" She yelled, tears streaming down her face, "KARL, SAPNAP AND QUACKITY ARE DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!"

XD looked down on Rae and he scoffed,
"I did what had to be done," He said in his eerily calm voice. Rae shook her head.
"No! Fuck you! You didn't have to kill them! You chose to kill them!" Rae's distraught yells echoed through the room.
"There was no other way," XD told her, calmly.

Then Rae said something. Something undeniably stupid. Something that resulted in the most horrific thing I'd ever seen. Something that all of us wished we'd had the courage to say.
"THERE'S ALWAYS ANOTHER WAY! YOU'RE JUST A FUCKING POWER HUNGRY PRICK THAT GETS OFF ON MURDERING THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T OBEY YOU AND WORSHIP YOU AND BOW DOWN WHENEVER YOU ENTER A GODDAMN ROOM,"

No one spoke. None of us had ever seen Rae this mad before, she'd always been a sweet person who was more on the quiet side. She'd never spoken to anyone like this before.

XD stepped forward. He stared around menacingly at the crowd.
"Now now, you don't really mean that," He towered above Rae who was fuming with rage.
"Believe me, I fucking do," She retorted.

Beside me Eret clicked his fingers as quietly as he could,
"Pop off queen," He whispered, making me smile.

My smile didn't last long however because XD didn't seem to like Rae's answer.
"Valkyrae you have five seconds to apologise or you will be sorry," He cried, a hint of rage showing in his voice for the first time. Rae rolled her eyes, saying strong.
"You should be the one apologising, you sent out the order to kill Karl, Sapnap and Quackity," She glared at XD.

"That didn't sound like an apology," He said,
"It wasn't,"
"You have one more chance,"
"I'm not apologising. Get that through your thick, ego inflated head,"