Chapter 28

TW - swearing
CW - fluff

GEORGE POV -

It hadn't fully sunk in yet.

I was sitting in the passenger seat of my boyfriend's car on the way to his house to pack his things and run away from my former friends who were trying to kill us.

What the fuck had happened to my calm, quiet little life?

How did I get here?

Granted, there were definitely positives, like the gorgeous blonde boy sat in the drivers seat, his eyes focused on the road.

Dream hadn't said a word since we'd agreed on the plan to run away. I could tell that he was scared to leave his family behind. We sat in silence as we drove, the only noise being the occasional whisper from Karl, Sapnap and Quackity as they ate McDonalds.

We'd decided to get Dream's car and go and get food before we informed his parents that we would be leaving. I'd suggested it after I'd seen how terrified Dream looked. Of course he needed time to process, the whole concept of LIFE was relatively new to him. Unlike, Quackity, Sapnap, Karl and I, Dream hadn't grown up under these conditions, in a place where one wrong move could cost you your life.

I carefully reached over and placed my hand on Dreams knee, squeezing it gently in order to let him know that he wasn't alone. He turned quickly and smiled at me.
"I know what I'm going to tell them," He said quietly, grabbing my full attention, "I'll tell them that we're going on a road trip together, that were going to travel all of America and maybe more,"

There was a twinge of guilt and pain in his voice and I could only imagine the pain he was going through in this moment, having to say goodbye to his family, possibly forever. I couldn't exactly relate to the feeling but I could see how much this was hurting him.
"Dream, you don't have to come with us," I whispered, smiling sadly.

He gave me a surprised look as he turned the car onto his street,
"What?" He tilted his head to the side inquisitively.
"Dream, I know how much your family means to you, were just some random guys from the sky. You can stay with your family if you want to," I told him.

Dream laughed lightly, shaking his head,
"There's no way I'm losing you Georgie, you mean more to me than anyone else," He parked the car outside of his house before leaning over and planting a soft kiss on my lips. My cheeks heated up and I nodded quickly.
"If you say so," I mumbled, smiling like an idiot.

All five of us got out of the car and I took Dream's hand as we made our way up the steps. Karl, Quackity and Sapnap headed straight for Dream's room to pack his things for our 'road trip' whilst Dream and I headed into the living room to break the news. Dream's parents and Drista were watching a movie together and didn't hear us enter the house.

Dream walked forward, still holding my hand and cleared his throat. His parents jumped slightly and Drista hurried to pause their movie.
"Dream are you alright?" Mrs Taken asked, smiling worriedly at her son.
"Mom, I- We, um, I just wanted to tell you. I-" Dream gave up, looking down at his feet, a small frown appearing on his face.

His whole family looked very worried. I squeezed his hand gently.
"It's okay love, take your time," I whispered, making him smile softly. Dream took a deep breathe before trying again.
"Mom, Dad, Drista. We, me, George, Karl, Sapnap and Quackity have decided that we want to go on a roadtrip around America and possibly to England and other places. And we want to leave tonight, we just don't know how long we'll be gone for,"

Everyone went silent.

Drista had tears in her eyes.

Mrs Taken looked deep in thought and Mr Taken looked slightly angry.