Prologue ✔️

I walked around my bathroom anxious waiting for what's about to change my life. As my phone went off indicating that the time is up. I went to check at the test that was lying face flat on my restroom sink. I picked it up to check if my mind wasn't going crazy, that this was just all a misunderstanding.

"Vanessa hurry up I want to see if you're okay" Rosa said while knocking on the bathroom door.

"Vanessa" Mia said

Although I know that she feels bad for me already, but with this news I don't know what to feel.

Positive. It's positive. I felt tears stream down my face. What am I going to do? I didn't know that I was on the floor crying when I heard the door open. Mia rushed to my side to see if I was okay.

"Vanessa everything is going to be okay" Mia tried to comfort me but my mind was elsewhere.

Rosa took the pregnancy test that was in my hand. She gasped as she saw the result. She rushed to hug me and said, "You're not in this alone, you have us to help you, we'll get through this together, right Mia".

"Yes, we're not going anywhere, but what are you going to do now" what am I going to do now.

"I don't know what I am going to do now. What am I supposed to do? 'He' made it clear that night when we last saw each other" I said as I was crying in between my words. " He doesn't want me let alone a baby" I felt tears coming down my face.

"Forget about him it's his lost for letting something so valuable go, if he doesn't want his baby and you then it's his lost, but I could tell you this one day he will realize his mistake for letting his family go and he's going to come to you seeking for forgiveness" Mia said with full of determination in her voice. "Enough crying Vanessa. Think of this as a gift from heaven, you'll soon be a mom and you need to get it together, like Rosa said, 'we're in this together' ".

They're right. I could say that 'He' will regret this for putting me in this situation. I know he is the father of my unborn baby, but he will never get the chance to be in my baby's life.

"Vanessa, we want you to come live with us in New York. That way we know that you'll be safer there with us than you being here living the horrible memories you went through from your parents and Him" Mia said in a serious tone.

At that moment I realized that I needed to get out of this hell whole that everyone had put me through. I need a fresh start for me and my baby. I don't want my baby to go through the things I went through in life. The way I suffered to find food and shelter was the worst experience I had ever gone through. If I hadn't met Rosa I would probably be roaming the street by now.

" Vanessa, Mia's right. You could be my roommate, and together we can both raise your baby. You know I could be the cool and fun aunt that I always wanted to be" Mia rolled her eyes at Rosa's comment.

"Rosa" Mia said

"Sorry" Rosa said as she embraced me in her warm hug

"I'll do it. I'll move with you guys, but under one condition" I said in a serious tone. I wiped the tears from my face that seemed to fall from my eyes

"I don't want him to find me nor my baby. I'm only doing this for my baby, not for him." I turned to Mia "I'll be hard at first, but I promise to move on to give my baby a better life"

I looked at my flat tummy where my baby was. I promise to love you with all my heart, I promise to give you all the love I never got. You'll never be alone in life.

I hugged both of them " Thank you, I don't know what I would have done without you guys" I felt tears streaming down my face.

"We both love you Vanesse no matter what. You having a baby means more love to give and besides your baby will be loved and pampered by us. You're not alone in this always remember that". I was gifted with two beautiful friends in my life. I don't know what I would do without them.