Chapter 17: Back to UA

You slowly open your eyes to a vast expanse of darkness surrounding you. You look around in a vain attempt to get a bearing of your surroundings, a bit hard to do so as everything looked the same; a purply black void. Looking down you see small drops of blood leading out like some sort of trail. With nowhere else to go you follow it. The drops of blood getting larger and larger with each step, continuing on into the inky void. Those drops began to form smears on the floor and eventually larger pools of crimson. Walking further you find an empty chair. You blink and a figure appears in the chair, limp and almost flung over it. Blood pouring out from its neck. Taking more steps towards it you recognise the figure; Chi-Chi, your mother. 

Not wanting to face what you've just seen you quickly turn around to stare back into the infinite nothing. You take a deep breath and begin to walk away only to be stopped in your tracks by a familiar voice.

Chi-Chi: You used it, didn't you? You seem to be fond of that power now. What happened to never using it again?

You clench your fists tightly. Out of the corner of your eye you see a harsh orange glow and a huge wave of heat hit your back. 

Turning around quickly you see your house completely engulfed in flames.

Chi-Chi: You coward. Relying on that power only means that you're weak. You haven't forgotten how you got it have you?

Gritting your teeth and clenching your fits harder you're forced to endure her words. Of course you know. 

The flames grow higher and higher as your house burns down before your eyes.

You wake up in a cold sweat and breathing heavily. Sitting straight up you look around frantically to get a bearing on your surroundings.

Y/N: Where am I...?

Look down at your hand you see marks in the shape of fingernails on your palm from how tightly you were clenching your fists in your sleep. While looking at your palm you realise the scar left over from the USJ when you were protecting Momo.

Y/N: Oh right I'm at Yaoyorozu's. God I hope I didn't make too much noise. 

You check your phone to see what the time is. 9am, still got an hour to go until breakfast. Gives you time to get yourself together; mentally and physically. You always wake up with a bad bed head, have done since you were a child.

You shower and get changed giving yourself half an hour to think about last night.

Y/N: It's like the time when I first went Super Saiyan. It was the same dream, over and over and over again every night. I've not had it for a while, so why is it happening now? Is it because I've started using it? How long will it keep going on for? How long until it ends?

You hear a knock on the door followed by someone's voice. It startles you in a rare moment when you have your guard down.

Momo: L/N?

Y/N: Yeah? What's up?

Momo: Just letting you know that it's almost time for breakfast, do you want to come down?

Y/N: I'll be out in a sec.

You walk up to the door and grab the door handle apprehensively. Taking a deep breath in you open the door with Momo on the other side.

She smiles at you warmly bringing a slight smile onto your face making you feel instantly better.

Momo: Come on let's go!