Chapter Five

hey guys, lemme know what you think of jakes pov. kk byeee <333

Chapter five

When I woke up the next morning, Jake and I were in a spoon position. It was nice, how my body fit into his so perfectly. No...I couldn't think this way. I couldn't let him in or I'd get hurt. I gently lifted his arm off me and replaced myself with a pillow. I could see the grin on his face making me want to go strait back into his arms. I resisted the urge and called Olivia.

"Hello?" I heard over the other line.

"Hey," I said, smiling slightly.

"Hey, where are you? I tried to call you all day yesterday." She told me, sounding concerned.

"Well, um...have you ever heard of Hilton Head Island?" I started.

"The one off the coast of South Carolina? No way, who are you with?" She asked, sounding kind of excited but nervous at the same time.

"Jake..." I said, hoping she wouldn't burst from the excitement of me being out of state with a guy.

"No way! Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you! What have you guys been up to?" She said suggestively.

"Nothing really. We just got here yesterday and we swam and had dinner then crashed. But I'm having a blast. I miss you so much Olly. How's Trevor?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"He's good, but he kinda has jet lag." She explained clearly out of breath.

"What why? Where are you?" I asked, now kind of concerned.

"Jo?" Jake said from behind me. I was looking out the window, not facing him.

"Hang on, Olivia." I turned around and dropped my phone. Olivia was standing in the doorway with Trevor at her side clinging to her hand. "Oh my gosh!" I squealed running over to hug her. Suddenly, I was conscious of the fact that I was in my pajamas and had bed hair. I felt my face flush when I realized only one of the beds was messed up so she might know we slept together.

"Hi hi!" she exclaimed hugging me back. When she let me go, I ran to hug a shocked Trevor and he hugged me back. Over his shoulder, I saw that the other bed was unmade and looked slept in. I breathed in a sigh of relief and silently thanked Jake. Bless him, he always knew what to do.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still in shock.

"Jake flew us out, he really is awesome," she said beaming at him, "he said there wouldn't be a party without your best friends," she explained. Gosh, he was the best most sweet person I'd ever met. I looked at Jake and he was blushing slightly. Just to mess with him, I ran over and jumped into his arms and hugged him. Luckily, he caught me.

"Thank you," I told him with my head on his shoulder breathing in his smell. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before I jumped out of his arms and went to talk to Olivia.

*******

Jake's POV

"Jake flew us out, he really is awesome," Olivia said beaming at me, "he said there wouldn't be a party without your best friends," she explained. I looked over at Jo and loved the look on her face. It graced her so perfectly. Her mouth was slightly open and she was staring at me with a gentle look and I wanted so badly to hold her. She read my mind because she smiled and ran over to me hooking her arms around my neck and jump into my open arms. She laid her head on my shoulder and I took in her amazing smell.

"Thank you," she said. She pecked me on the cheek making my heart speed up and practically fly out of my chest. She hopped out of my arms to go talk to Olivia. I was so glad she was happy that her friends were here. I knew at that moment that my heart would forever beat for that girl.