Chapter Four

Hello my people, apparently my dad was too out of it to realize that he said hed take me to work with him. I'm pretty sure i have ADD so i get distracted easily which was why i wanted to go to his job because theres nothing to get distracted by so hopefully ill get a couple chapters up cause im starting earlier in the day instead of 8 pm.

Chapter four

"Wake up, get up!" Caiden demanded, shaking me, "Jake's here!" he added. My eyes shot open and a glanced over at my hello-kitty clock and noticed it was 12:02 pm.

"Holy crap!" I yelled jumping out of bed. I made a quick jog to the door and peered down the stairs to see that Jake was down there making conversation with my dad. He came to pick me up and we were going on a four day  trip to Hilton Head island. I was actually surprised my dad was letting me go. Jake and I had gone out a few more times-as FRIENDS!-and he was really an amazing guy. He liked to volunteer at animal shelters, he worked at the local zoo and helped train dolphins, he liked to go surfing, and he was an all-around great guy.

On one of the occasions we went out, we went to the movies, and he let me choose. I didn't really pay attention, I was just happy to be out of the house. Another time, he took me to lunch, and we just talked alot. We talked mostly about England, and how I'd always wanted to go there. He said maybe he'd take me sometime, and I was so excited. One day, I took him out to the fields and he rode Caiden's horse and I rode Moe. I had to admit, he looks good on a horse. We rode around for most of the day until he started complaining that his butt hurt which made me laugh. We tied the horses to a nearby tree and watched the sunset. He even held my hand which I didn't so much mind-I actually kind of liked it. Wait...did I just think that?

Dang it...I'm in deep now...

*******

After I took the world's fastest shower, I shoved random clothes into a duffel bag and threw on some black leggings with a striped tunic and black cropped jacket. I sprinted down the stairs to run into a surprised Jake at the bottom hitting it off with my dad who was chuckling to himself off to the side of us.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you had to wait, I just didn't set my alarm and I had to pack all my stuff and Caiden ran in to get me up and he told me you were here and I completely-" I got cut off when his hand brushed against mine sending chills down to my feet. In the still silence, I felt his breath on my face and I could hear his heartbeat faintly. "Sorry," I finished trying not to let him know how he was effecting me. He smirked and grabbed my hand leading me toward the door.

"It was nice to see you again Mr. Bristol," Jake said over his shoulder, smiling.

"Nice to see you again, too son," my dad told him.

*******

We got to the airport and he paid for us to get on the plane.

"So why are we going to Hilton Head again? I mean, I don't want to cost you a whole lot of money either," I said, suddenly feeling bad that he was spending alot of money on me.

"It isn't a problem. My family has a good deal of money back in England that we don't know what to do with, so my parents just sort of let me do whatever," he explained.

"Oh, okay well, I'll pay you back, I promise," I told him. He turned to look me in the eyes and then just laughed. "What's so funny?" I asked him.

"You don't have to pay me back. I have plenty to go around," he said between laughs.

"Are you sure because I can-" he cut me off when he put a finger to my mouth.

"You don't need to give me anything. You've given me enough already," he said, the smile in his eyes becoming very noticeable. I couldn't help but blush. He was a real sweetheart, and I knew he would make some girl out there really happy today. I mentally slapped myself for half-wishing that girl was me.