Chapter 13: My superiors are dethroned

Annabeth's POV

I led and army of Greeks to the nearest entrance to Tartarus and had Zeus help us down the pit. Once all had be lowered down, we began to head to the Phlegethon. New high score! We only lost 3 demigods on the way to the river of fire. When we were done retching and coughing up the fire water, we followed the path to Misery's house and down to the Palace of Nyx, only losing 6 people. Nyx was severely unprepared and we had already organized our army in Nyx's own hallway. She managed to set up around three of her godly offspring, but we charged and threw them into the abyss. Many of her minions scattered into the unknown places of the pit and remained there till the end of days. Of course, the True heroes had done most of it and Bentley and I were using our strategy of curling up into a ball and laying on the floor. The True heroes broke the gates of Nyx's throne room just as reinforcements arrived from the armies of Perseus. The Olympians arrived to retrieve us. We quickly killed Nyx and Erebus, and I believe that they won't reform for a long while. 

Percy's POV 

"No. No, no, no, no, no." My primordial superiors sat dead before me. Nyx was still clinging to life as if it were a thread. "Perseus, take my place. Take the place of Erebus. We are fading. The Olympians have cursed the swords of the demigods and now you must guide yourself to victory. Farewell! Now may I pass in peace," she said before going limp. I cried out and wrecked the throne room. The Olympians ruined my life. The demigods deserved pure death. The bodies of the primordials dissolved into dust and disappeared from the sight of my eyes. I took the sand of their bodies and buried it in the midst of Tartarus. In my anger, I may or may not have wrecked the entire area. Upon returning to my fortress, I found some hellhounds chewing on some demigod bodies. "Where did you get that?" I asked. A nearby monster yelled out, "They found it near the river of fire. Only a few sons of Aphrodite and Demeter!" I smiled. "Great job! continue doing the good work," I said whilst walking away and into my fortress. I was then struck with an idea. I wanted to raise the most powerful and evil monster to ever exist in the Greek pantheon. Python. I approached the house of Misery and went to the edge of Tartarus. "Rise, Snake of Delphi , may you shake the world and help me achieve my goal," I spoke into the darkness. My power reached down and awoke the snake whom had been slumbering for quite a while. A/N Toa never happened, therefore Python was down there for a long while. I saw the huge snake's body slowly slide up the edge of Tartarus. "Who must you be to try to enslave me to your own army. You must be foolish to believe that I should help you," Python growled. I unleashed a quarter of my power and the snake yelped. "I-I'm sorry, lord," Python whimpered. I tied him on a leash and put him in the reptile monsters section of my lands. My land was divided into 11 sections, the physical, the non-physical, the reptiles, the humanoids, the fire demons, the water demons, the demons, the amphibians, the earth creatures, and the cat and dog type monsters. The turned demigods could be found in my fortress, where they won't die of oxygen poisoning. I went in my fortress and sat on my throne. I pondered what I would do now. Though it may have seemed that we decimated the half-bloods in the first battle, we still took huge losses. My army has fallen into a weaker form than it once was, so the demigods could more than likely get to my throne and kill me. Though, of course they would take much loss. I knew that if I lost this war, I would have a slim chance of escaping death, but I had to have a plan just in case I was not killed. I knew the foolishness of sons of Apollo, Hermes, and Ares. So I would just wait till one overhears an Olympian talking of my prison and would try to check me out. I might not win the battle, but I swear that I will win the war. 

Word Count 758