Lash

The festival would be the only happy last memory they with Athanasius. Weeks later, hundreds of thousands of men and women were in the army. Warriors, knights, doctors, nurses, magicians, spies, assassins, defenders and such.

It was a definite win but at what cost?

Saying their farewells was hard.

Both sons wouldn't let go of their father. Hugging him tightly and making him promise to come back.

"Promise you'll come back?" Anastacius asked.

"I promise." Athanasius kissed his head.

"Pinky promise?" Claude took out his pinky. Athanasius knelt down and locked his pinky with Claude's.

"Pinky promise."

He stood up and walked to Phoebe, who was trying to hid her tears and trembling hands.

"You're shaking."

"I'm not shaking, you're shaking." Phoebe huffed.

'C'mere, love." Athanasius enveloped Phoebe to his embrace tightly.

Lucius had said his farewells with his son, Roger.

"Be good for your nanny, okay? Study and eat well."

"I will. Come back soon, father. I'll miss you." Roger hugged his father.

"I'll miss you more." Lucius whispered.

"When I come back you better not be neglecting your studies and classes. Otherwise You'll get the smacking." Richard glared at his son.

"You said that a hundred times! I won't!" Felix groaned but looked down.

"Hey what's with the face?"

Felix hugged his father.

"Please come back alive."

Richard picked him up.

"I'm the best knight in the kingdom. It would be embarrassing if I didn't win this war. Besides I want my son to see me as his hero, no?"

"You already are my hero, dad." Felix mumbled on Richard's shoulder.

"I know, bud. I know."

With that the kids were around Phoebe.

"Please take care of my son in my absence, Phoebe." Lucius said.

"I will." Phoebe caressed Roger's hair. Claude was in her arms, Anastacius was hugging her side and Felix was holding her free hand.

"We'll be back." Richard smiled gently.

"Write to me, okay? Il'l also write back." Athanasius said.

"We will." Phoebe nodded.

"Good bye." The three top best men of Obelia left, riding their swords of thousands of thousands of troops.

The kingdom were cheering for them, yelling in chorus.

Athanasius had Phoebe's bracelet. 

With that. The Empress had begun her tormenting to Phoebe and Claude, as well as-

Offering Aeternitas Anastacius's body as a host.

Telling him that both Claude and Phoebe act they care but they are secretly taunting him behind his back. Claude being better than his=is brother and having stronger mana.

Although they would send letters to Athanasius and he would send them back.

Two years later Anastacius would not greet or meet up with his brother or mother figure. Lucas had gone into another deep sleep, not knowing that a dark spirit possessed Phoebe's son.