Party in a disaster

"Such a sweetheart."

Claude was a crybaby. Phoebe never thought at the tyrant, heartless, merciless, emperor was such a screamer as well. Every night she was woken up by a screech of an owl-

Ahem. Screaming of a baby.  

He would cry for hours before tiring himself to sleep. Phoebe thought maybe there was something wrong with him so she took him to the royal doctor and physicians multitalented times. However, every time, they would say it was normal for him or he's just fussy. Yet, Phoebe was always worried.

Athan had reassured and teased her that Claude would only do this just to be with her. It was proven because she tested it.

She slept with Claude one night. He was complete silent and happy. Not once had he cried or wailed like other nights. So.

The other night she left him but hid behind the door. She made sure she changed his diaper, well fed and full, rocking him to sleep. Minutes after she left, she heard a huff and a deep breathe.

"WAAAAAHHHHHHH! WAAAHHH! MAAAAAA! WAA-" Claude stopped when he saw Phoebe stand in front of him with her hands crossed on her chest. His face looked like he was caught in a crime.

"So you really do this on our purpose huh?"

Claude was caught that he purposely would cry for his mothers attention. Brat. Phoebe huffed and poked Claude's nose.

"You little rascal won't let mommy rest. Mommy is very sad, you know."

Claude frowned in an auditable way that made Phoebe almost feel bad.

"How is a little cute panda like you will grow up to be a lion? Sheesh, I should be handed an award for making you." Phoebe picked him up and lightly jumped him up and down.

"I really hope I can live long enough to meet Diana and Athanasia." Phoebe mumbled. Patting his back.

Claude being confused he simply inhaled his mothers scent. Lavender and peppermint, his favorite. Always calmed him down.

Anastacius had the smell of mint and vanilla.

Athan smelt like cloves and nutmeg.

Claude always knew who it was just by smelling them.

Athan would visit Claude every day for a few m,invites. He held him calmly on his chest when he sits down to do his work in his office. Anastacius would always follow his father when he had Claude. The times Anastacius would hold was always when either Athan or Phoebe around just in case he drops him.

Phoebe would say sweet nothings to Claude, trying to teach him to say 'mama' or 'papa' but he would always say gibberish. One year later. His birthday came up and Phoebe went OFF.

"It's his first birthday!"

"He won't remember it!"

"His first year being here!"

"HE. WILL NOT. REMEMBER. ANY OF THIS!"

"IT IS A SPECIAL DAY!"

Phoebe and Athan were arguing about how ridiculous Phoebe was. But she got her own way. Athan had a whole hall just for Claude's birthday. Phoebe invited all her friends, people who helped her with Claude. Of course Lucius and his wife, Elena, and their son, Roger. Richard and his wife, Willow, and his son, Felix. Sergei and a few guards Phoebe befriended.

All was going well until Claude's birthday came up. Phoebe had made him wear a tiny suit that resembled Athan and Anastacius's suits. A mini emperor. Phoebe herself wore a lovely dress. It was blue and purple. Backless with a sweetheart top. A big puffy and had a long train in the back. Phoebe's hair was styled in a bun. A pair of hoop gold earrings and a string of necklace that had different colored gems on it. She had taken Claude to the hall room and gave him to Athan who placed him on his lap with Anastacius next to him.

Athan himself invited a few nobles that were actually kind and not as twisted or selfish like the other nobles were. He thanked everyone for coming and the party begun. Felix and Roger were placed in a babies corner were toys were as well as Claude. Anastacius hung out with his friends that came as well.

Phoebe was busy eating and glancing back at Claude. Making sure he was alright but Athan placed his arm around her waist, pulled her to him and said.

"He'll be fine, love. Nothing will happen to him or Anastacius while I'm here."

"Mmmm."

Just when things were going well-

The Empress came with three noble men and women who were as malicious as she was with a few maids and knights this of her own. A smirk on her face that sent chills down Phoebe's spine. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Anastacius run to Claude and hid him.

"What a lovely party. Shame I wasn't invited to my son's brothers birthday."