Settling for the Future

The two cleaned up and dropped themselves inside the bed, cuddling each other. Athan kissed her cheek and said.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

HOURS LATER...

"Mama? Uppie?" Little Claude made grabby hands towards Phoebe. She was on the bed, on her stomach. Her face smudged to the pillow.

"I'm sorry, baby. Mommy's a bit ... tired." That asshole. Phoebe sighed.

"Mama ill?"

"Kinda."

She felt Claude pull himself up to the bed.

She felt his tiny hands on her shoulder and gave her a tiny kiss.

"Aww, thank you baby. I'm feeling a lot better." Phoebe turned around and scooped the baby boy in her arms, peppering his face with kisses.

Claude squealed and giggled in her arms. Hugging her tightly.

"Hmmm, my sweet baby boy. So cute." Phoebe giggled.

"No cuute! Cool!" Claude argued.

"Right- cute and cool baby!" Phoebe playfully bit his chubby cheeks.

"Nuuuuuu."

"Yeeeeessss."

Laughter filled the room. From behind the door. Anastacius stood outside, listening to them.

Why ... why can't my mother be like that? Why ... why couldn't I have been her son?

Phoebe sensed another familiar presence so she called out.

"Your highness? Is that you?"

Anastacius appeared from the door and he looked down, ashamed he interrupted their moments.

"I wanted to play with Claude. My lessons fisnihed a few minutes ago, but I see you're busy so I'll-"

"Now, now. Come here." Phoebe said softly. Placing Claude on her lap. Anastacius carefully walked up to her.

Phoebe's hand was raised to his face. Immediately Anastacius froze, expecting the worst. However he didn't expect a gentle brush on his face. He opened his eyes to see Phoebe smiling down on to him.

"You look tired. How about you take a nap? It's Claude nap hour as well."

"No nappy!" Claude huffed.

"Yes nappy." Phoebe teased.

Her eyes then locked upon a certain red headed child. With a smirk she called him out.

"Feeeeelix? Is that you, cinnamon bun?"

She heard a groan. Felix's head popped out of the door, his face puffed.

"How did you know???"

"I, my dear, am brilliant. Now." Phoebe place Claude on her hip as she stood up. With a wave of her hand, her pajamas turned into a short dress and short heels. Her hair braided into Dutch braids.

"Let's go, shall we?"

"Yeah!"

Phoebe placed Claude on her chest, his head popping out of her shoulder. Watching Anastacius and Felix follow her. They went inside Claude and Anastacius's play room, which also had big bean bags that were much more comfortable to sleep on, according to them.

"Nap time, Huns." Phoebe placed Claude on one of the bean bags, using magic she changed his outfit to pajamas.

"But I'm not sleepy." Felix mumbled. Phoebe smirked. Ruffling his head she said.

"I'll convince your dad to start your sword training."

Felix ran and jumped on the bean bag, snuggling to it.

"I am tired!"

Phoebe laughed. Changing his clothes to pajamas as well.

"Your highness?"

Anastacius looked up.

"Yes?"

"Let's take a nap. Whilst your sleeping I'll bake you something. Lemon cakes?"

"... yes please."

"Alright." Phoebe kneeled down. She kissed Anastacius's forehead and changed his clothes.

"Night night!" They said in sync.

"(Giggles) it's not night but okay. Night night." Phoebe closed the curtains, left the room.

Phoebe walked to her private kitchen with Sergei and Brianna. Preparing the ingredients and such. They started baking desserts. First they baked lemon cakes then strawberry cakes.

Being bored they experimented a few more desserts. Adding a few ingredients and baking it to see how will it turn out. Athanasius came by with the smell of fresh pastries and desserts. Attracted to it, he entered the kitchen.

"Blessings and glory upon the sun of Obelia." They bowed. Athan waved his hand.

"Your majesty." Phoebe greeted, being busy trying to get the pastries out. As she did, Athan was attracted to the amazing cinnamon buns and croissants. Freshly baked, golden colored and sweet smell.

Phoebe smirked.

"Want some, your majesty?"

"... don't mind if I do."

Athan swallowed down most of the deserts without getting sick.

"How is he so fit when he mostly etas desserts than regular foods?" Peyote mumbled as she watched Athan take a big bite out of a big peice of chocolate cake covered in coo powered. Then she remembered something.

Now I know where Athanasia got her love for chocolate and desserts.

Athan kissed her cheek and said.

"Perfect as always, love."

"Of course." Phoebe smirked. She glanced to Richard.

"So. Richard. Ric. My buddy. my friend. my dude-"

"What is it that you want THIS time?" Richard asked, annoyed. Phoebe snorted.

"Dick. I noticed how much Felix loves the knights and such. He's been pretending a stick is his sword and he is slaughtering his enemies. Sow how about-"

"You want me to start his sword training?"

"Yes."

"No."

"Why."

"It's dangerous."

"It'll be like self defense for him."

"He'll be safe with me."

"You won't always be there for him."

"Guards and spies will protect him."

"What will he grow up to be?"

"A duke. Duh."

"How about a duke with a talent of being a swordsman?"

"You're really not letting this go, huh?"

"No."

"Why?"

Because your son will be the legendary crimson blood night and will be my kid's knight. As well as protecting my granddaughter and such.

"I know he will become a great knight."

"... I'll think about it."

Phoebe smirked.

°sorry it took me so long to update. I've been busy drawing- you would've known if you followed me Instagram smirk 😀. On @Amateur_Artist_4_ever °