Go so we can get started

"What a lovely party. Shame I wasn't invited to my son's brothers birthday."

"That's because you weren't invited, Empress." Athan said in a cold tone.

"Aww, so cold. Here I was going to give the little prince a present.I'm sure you wouldn't mind? Right from a mother to a mother?" The empress smiled in a menacing way to Phoebe.

With a clenched fist she smiled at her but her smile showing bitterness.

"Why not?" Phoebe walked to Claude. He beamed at the sight of his mother and was picked up by her. She walked close to Athan and protectively held him close to her.

"What's this 'present' that you had to come to my son's party uninvited?"

The Empress waved her hand and a maid stepped forward with a pillow in her hand and a cloth covering what was underneath it. Phoebe gulped.

This better not be a cursed present otherwise I'll kick her ass right here, right now. Phoebe thought. Claude nibbled on Phoebe top dress, not knowing what was going on around him.

"From me to this little prince. I gift you this sword." The Empress took off the cloth and it showed a beautiful sword covered in gems and jewelry, made from gold as well. However this sword was no sword but-

A decorative sword.

"May he lives as long as this sword." The Empress smirked. Phoebe grit her teeth.

The Empress practically said: may he live a decoration in the palace.

How DRAE she. Phoebe thought.

"How ... thoughtful of you, your majesty. However, I assure you my son will live longer than that sword and make sure all things ugly leave." Phoebe smiled sweetly.

Translation: my son is no decoration and he'll make sure your ugly ass will be gone.

The Empress looked PISSED. Clenching her fists. Athan smirked. Proud of what Phoebe said he picked Claude from Phoebe and held Anastacius's hand.

"Both of my sons were born to my rulers. One can be official the other can guide. I'm sure you have 'empress duties' to attend, no?" Athan titled his head. The corner of his lips curving.

The Empress's face was red and hilarious to Phoebe, a part of her was very satisfied to see her so humiliated. That's what she get for messing with her son.

With a scoff she sent a glare to Phoebe and turned around, leaving the party. With a sigh of relief, she leaned against Athan's arm and mumbled.

"Well that was fun."

"(Chuckles) tell me about it. Everyone! Let's eat!"

Although the Empress made the party go down, it went back to normal when the magicians performed pretty spells fo the children's entertainment.

"Your coronation to become queen is next week. How do you feel?" Lucius asked, sipping his champagne.

"I'm surprisingly okay. I don't feel nervous at all." Phoebe shrugged. Luscious hummed.

"That's good, so you won't freak out?"

"Of course not. I'll become a queen. No biggie. I won't freak out or anything and I'm sure vetoing will go smoothly."

NEXT WEEK...

"I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT!"

"PHOEBE YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T!"

"I TAKE IT BACK! HOLY SHIT WHAT IF THE DRESS DOESN'T FIT ME?!"

"GODDAMMIT WHERE IS HIS MAJESTY WHEN YOU NEED HIM?!"