Festival

"Stop with that." Phoebe smacked his hand away from her desert.

Lucas stuck out his tongue.

"For a couple of hundreds old wizard, your sure act like a child."

Phoebe sighed. She leaned back to her couch as her mind was a blizzard. The constant worries of her son being in danger as well as Anastacius being her killer.

Sometimes she wished ... sometimes she wished the man she loved wasn't the Emperor but simply a knight. But here she is now. The mother of a man who once executed his own blood daughter for a false crime. Then a man who cherished his daughter.

"Lucas?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you do me a favor?"

"Depends."

"I need a protection spell for my boys."

Lucas scoffed.

"Bold of you to assume I didn't."

Phoebe's head snapped to him.

"WHAT?!"

"Keep your voice down, woman. Your lover also put protection spell on them too."

Phoebe felt confused.

"But ... when did you-"

"The may nags and whining I heard about you be in worried about your kids really got me to have a big headache. So I cast a protection spell On them. You as well." Yours is a double protection since there's a lot of enemies who want you dead. Lucas thought the last part.

Phoebe practically threw herself on Lucas, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Okay okay! I get it! Damn, woman, get off of me!"

Phoebe got up and smiled.

"Thank you so much."

"I heard you. No worries. It was easy for someone like me."

"Of course."

However, what came upon them served a great shock.

"There's a war coming for us." Athanasius said. Phoebe paused in her tea.

"W-what?"

"A war. I have to ascend out troops and get them ready."

Phoebe's heart stopped and now was beating as fast as it could. 

"H-how bad is this war?"

"No war is good or bad, love. However this one will take a long time." Athanasius placed his arms around Phoebe and pulled her close.

He could feel how scared she was by the beating of her heart and how her hands were trembling.

I forgot this was an era where wars happened. I-in the manga or novel it never stated how Claude's father died. God please no, don't take him from me.

Tears ran down her face as she gripped Athanasius tight and cried in his shoulder. Athanasius held her, not talking. Letting her cry out.

"I'll come back to you, love."

Don't make promises you can't keep.

She wanted to say but that'll make her cry even harder.

"Mommy?"

"Father?"

Anastacius and Claude both came inside the room. Phoebe tried to hide herself but it was too bad.