Chapter 18

It didn't take Laxus and I long to get to the infirmary but when we did arrive we realised that Polyscia was in.
"Sit on the bed, seems like I'll have to see to your wounds" I said as I headed over to the medical supplies.
"Don't worry about it Blondie, I'm not even injured" Laxus huffed.
"That wasn't a suggestion" I smiled deadly as I walked over to him. Gulping Laxus sat down and put his coat on the bed. I moved his arm before grabbing some disinfectant and started to get to work. Just like Laxus said he didn't have many injuries but he did have a few scrapes and bruises.
"You were really reckless Laxus, we both know that you could have easily broken through that illusion if you tried" I said while wrapping his wounds in bandages.
"If he is nothing else he was once my deadbeat father so it was job to put an end to his schemes. Not only that I wasn’t about to let them get away with hurting my guild members," Laxus huffed as I put the finishing touches on his wounds.
"There all done, next time you decide to do something stupid like this know that I will double your wounds. But I am really proud of you Laxus, you have shown the world just how strong we are" I smiled as I turned and started to walk away. That was the plan until I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me back.
"So everyone else gets a kiss but I just get a 'you make me proud', that's not really nice" Laxus rumbled before he turned my chin up and gently kissed me. The kiss that started out as sweet quickly turned hot and heavy as Laxus's tongue tangled with my own. My face instantly flushed bright red, I didn't understand why these guys and girls were so intent on kissing me.
"You really do taste as sweet as you look" Laxus purred, making me shiver a little.

"Geez, I don't see why you guys keep doing that?" I yelled out while ruffling my hair. They were so confusing!
"You really don't know do you?" Laxus asked amused.
"Of course not, I know that kissing is something you do to the person you are dating or love but I just don't understand how anyone could love someone like me" I said looking down at my hands. My hands were no longer soft and delicate, instead they were rough and had calluses from the jobs I had done, my body was covered in scars ranging in all different sizes. Sure I had a large bust size but that couldn't be what they were attracted to since there were people with bigger busts out there.
"You're asking the wrong question, Blondie. You keep asking yourself why would we love someone like you when you should be asking why wouldn't we love someone like you" Laxus huffed.
"You are beautiful, your kindness knows no bounds, you're smart, you're strong, you're protective and loving. I could talk all day about the positive things about you but the reason we like you is because you are you" Laxus said and my blush got even deeper.
"I'm not pretty or smart or strong, I'm just Lucy" I tried.
"It's because you are Lucy that we think of you like this. Nothing that you say will change our minds therefore you are going to have to put up with us fighting over you and getting jealous" Laxus smirked.
"You guys are too stubborn! But I guess I don't mind it too much, though I wish you would stop fighting over me" I pouted. Laxus just chuckled and ruffled my hair before getting up.
"We should get back before the others start to worry, as much as I am enjoying our time together I don't want anyone to burst in on us" Laxus said before he got up. With a smile I got up as well and we headed back to the arena splitting up when he headed to Fairy tail team B's area.

Going to the arena was the plan until I ran into Jellal, Ultear and Meredy who were looking really frazzled and worried.
"Thank magic we found you, can you sense the magic in the air?" Meredy asked and I paused before feeling the magic. It felt familiar but also different.
"Who is fighting at the moment?" I questioned.
"Wendy is against Chelia from Lamia Scale," Ultear said, showing me the fight on her crystal ball. Seeing the two smaller girls battle it out I couldn't help but smile, they would be good friends I just knew it.
"It isn't the magic that we are after, the magic you are feeling is Chelia's magic. I'm sure it feels a little familiar to you, Meredy, Ultear. Chelia has Sky God slaying magic" I said and they looked dumbstruck before all three of them started to blush and stamper out excuses.
"It is good that you are looking into what could happen but you are being way to stiff. If something happens we can handle it but jumping at the slightest change in magic is going to wear your mind's down" I smiled. In truth I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to handle what was thrown at us but I had plans in place in case things went wrong. I wasn't going to tell them this after all they were stressed and worried enough now.