like the movies

requested by tommo_mills

Mason and I had been best friends since we were three, the pair of us being introduced by our mothers as we were next door neighbours and ver since that day, the pair of us were inseparable. Some saw us with a sibling type bond whilst majority of the others told us were were 'soulmates', two people destined to be in love because of our story but Mason and I always brushed it off whenever it was brought up around us, our mothers being the biggest fan of the idea.

Another trophy for the team and another medal that mason could add to his collection that also included his champions league and super cup medal, which would also hopefully be joined by the carabao cup winners medal. But despite all the success that had happened to them, especially with tonights win, I could tell that Mason wasn't as energetic as he was making out to be; he had been taken off in the first half because of an injury and I could instantly tell that it was hurting him way more than he let on.

Because Mason wasn't allowed to come over to where we: me, his mum, lewis and jasmine, were sitting due to the fact that he was getting his ankle looked at and basic rules, we had to wait until after the trophy and medal hand outs until he was able to come and see us. But as soon as this had happened, he made a beeline straight to us, of course with the help of Ben.

"Oh mase, im so proud of you." I embraced him in a hug after he had said his hello's and given hugs to his family, his arms wrapping tightly around my waist as mine went around his neck, the two of us staying in this position as neither of us wanted to move.

"I could've done so much more though." He mumbled, his facial hair slightly scratching at my neck where he had stuffed his face, his family getting the hint that this was better off as a private moment for us so they walked over to where Ben Chilwell was standing.

"You're injured, love, and you don't want to make your foot any worse before the carabao cup final, do you?" I raised my eyebrows as a chance to convince him that him being taken off was not his fault in one bit and I must have been pretty persuasive as he pulled away nodding.

"No, I guess not."

"You've done so well and i'm so proud of you, mase."

"You've always been the one who's at all of my games so you deserve this more than me." Mason began to remove the medal from around his neck whilst I heard his waist for a bit of stability, my face softening as I watched him.

"Don't be so silly, i'm just your best friend who loves to support you." I giggled, moving my hands up to his chest to try and prevent him from doing anything and it didn't work as well as I hoped as he placed the medal around my neck.

"And look where that support got me." He gave me a loving look, the eye contact giving me butterflies in more than my stomach, Mason pulling the hair out from under the medal as he whispered in my ear. "Look around, y/n, I wouldn't be here doing this if it wasn't for you."